Dogs VS Cats, vote here

Cats are exceptionally airline pilot friendly.

We have an autofeeder, an autowaterer, an automagic cat box and we can pretty much leave for a week without any problem at all.

Except for the grey/orange/white cat, she'll usually misbehave a little by trying to eat any clothes left on the floor, but beyond that, they're easy as pie.

When we had a beagle, we had to come home periodically to walk the dog, board it if we went traveling and basically it was like taking care of a seven year old!
smile.gif

Yea was just thinkin that if you want to be an airline pilot and your signifigant other wants to be a flight attendant and if you don't have any family in town or anyone you trust to watch your dog and your place while your gone and your both away often at the sametime and you have a dog most likely your coming home to either a huge mess or a dead dog.

My cat if he could jump off the 3rd floor balcony can hunt. When I lived in TUS he would often come home with all manner of desert animals in his mouth. Most often times all manner of ground squirrels, praire dogs, birds and jackrabbits more then twice his size.

Cats rule.....

Matthew

Doug, can't you autofeed, autowater the dog? and train him to go out the doggy door and poop outside.

but I guess a beagle might get a little restless and destroy the entire house while your gone
grin.gif

Had a couple of Golden Retrievers growing up. Great dogs. Overall I would say dogs, but cats are definately much easier to care for.

Yup. I can leave my place and ask pretty much anyone I trust to come by once a day to take care of the furballs. Just feed them and clean the litter box, and they'll be happy.

A dog? I'd have to board it.

It's bad enough when I'm on the road for a week a month. Start making it two weeks out of the month and a dog becomes completely impossible to work with.

[ QUOTE ]
Doug, can't you autofeed, autowater the dog? and train him to go out the doggy door and poop outside.

but I guess a beagle might get a little restless and destroy the entire house while your gone

[/ QUOTE ] sure we could autofeed and autowater.. but the problem lies in that dogs will eat and eat and eat if you don't cut off the autofeeder and the cats need an autofeeder - so there's problem #1.. 2ndly, i'd be afraid that the dog would run away given a doggie door OR coyote would get into the house for the flavor of cat/dog and or scared rabbit (not that we have a pet rabbit, but we have 3 that eat out grass outside)....

any ideas for getting around those 2 problems?! haha
grin.gif

Prefer cats but have nothing against dogs.

Weird thing is growing up I always wanted a dog but the parents wouldn't allow it. I always figured I would get one once I moved out. But now, after seeing my friends with dogs and all the sh%@ they deal with (literally)... hell no.

I actually don't see myself getting either one.

I have problems with little things running around crapping all over the place - parenthood should be a blast.

[ QUOTE ]
sure we could autofeed and autowater.. but the problem lies in that dogs will eat and eat and eat if you don't cut off the autofeeder and the cats need an autofeeder - so there's problem #1.. 2ndly, i'd be afraid that the dog would run away given a doggie door OR coyote would get into the house for the flavor of cat/dog and or scared rabbit (not that we have a pet rabbit, but we have 3 that eat out grass outside)....

any ideas for getting around those 2 problems?! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that would probably suck to come home to a bunch of coyotes lounging around on your furnature with a slew of dead cats, rats, rabbits and rattlesnakes everywhere - maybe the doggy -door isn't such a good idea in southern Arizona if you don't have a fence.
grin.gif

well, we have a block wall and fence, but coyotes are known to go after food by any means - esp. since we keep taking up their territory...

I have a fish. His name is Yoshi. We can't have cats or dogs in my apartment - not that it would matter, John's stupidly allergic to them anyway
frown.gif

We have one of both. The dog is harder to take care of but the cat is such a snob. Plus, no criminal is going to be scared of my little furball cat. The 95 pound and growing dog however is a bit intimidating. If they knew him they would know that all he would do if they came in is use his powerful tail wag attack to stop them.

I'm a cat person, we have two, Frank and Beans.

Frank is our little pimp. Yes, he's actually standing on his hind legs begging.
f9f09568.jpg

Beans is our 'plus size' kitty, he's big boned.
f9f0956b.jpg

Hey, how'd you steal my cat? Frank looks just like my tabby except mine has an orange spot around his mouth!

I'll tell you the other problem I have with my cat. Claws! He will be standing on me when I lay in bed. I'm betting, he's purring. Everything is great until for some unknown reason....

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

out come the stupid claws.

When I scream and knock him off of me he looks at me with a look that says..."What's your problem?"

That's one reubenesque kitty!

Here's my voluptuous calico:

sprite.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Everything is great until for some unknown reason....

BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

out come the stupid claws.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's calle Kitty Lovin'!!
grin.gif

Beans looks just like Sprite when she sits in the sink.... fills the entire thing up! sprite will now actually drink out of the faucet (just like a dog)... she gets more doglike everyday! MQAAord - sounds like you have cats just like ours!!
grin.gif
a pimper and a porker!

Back