Does this sound fishy?

mjg407

So one of my copilots contacts me the other day. He's managing a private outfit out of Russia They start guys out in the right seat at 150k and paid for apartment, internet, cell and sat tv. covered. 300K for Captain. All type ratings paid for as well. Has anybody heard of this before... G450 and Challengers.

I'd say it's possible. There is a up and coming airline in Dubai that starts FO's out at approx $140K/year - which includes housing and transportation.

Captain I am flying with this month is leaving in November to fly in Nigeria for a song. He told me that everywhere else in the world is hurting for pilots.... everywhere except here, that is.

Once the FAA finishes killing off GA, we'll be hurting for pilots once again, too. It'll be like 1960 all over again!

So one of my copilots contacts me the other day. He's managing a private outfit out of Russia They start guys out in the right seat at 150k and paid for apartment, internet, cell and sat tv. covered. 300K for Captain. All type ratings paid for as well. Has anybody heard of this before... G450 and Challengers.

You might want to contact FSI_Flyer. He is currently flying in Russia in a similar position. I cannot answer on the salary but I know he is there. As a matter of fact he just upgraded to a new bird. The 411 is somewhere under member announcements.

In a simple answer...yes the salary is normal for out here in that airplane. I know quite a few G450/550, Global, and Challenger guys making that salary. Everyone's contract is a bit different so negotiation is necessary but I received two type ratings while being here, my last one being the Challenger 300 and have not paid for any of them. This is a very lucrative place but it is not for the timid. You are based away from the USA and have much fewer resources. You are on your own so to say. If you are up for some challenging flying and making some money and you meet the qualifications then something like this may work for you. Another person to ask is Stone Cold. He is flying contract on a Lear 60 in Kiev, Ukraine. He might have some insight as a newer pilot in this as it is his first rotation out here.

In a simple answer...yes the salary is normal for out here in that airplane. I know quite a few G450/550, Global, and Challenger guys making that salary. Everyone's contract is a bit different so negotiation is necessary but I received two type ratings while being here, my last one being the Challenger 300 and have not paid for any of them. This is a very lucrative place but it is not for the timid. You are based away from the USA and have much fewer resources. You are on your own so to say. If you are up for some challenging flying and making some money and you meet the qualifications then something like this may work for you. Another person to ask is Stone Cold. He is flying contract on a Lear 60 in Kiev, Ukraine. He might have some insight as a newer pilot in this as it is his first rotation out here.
Ahh, yes the newbie out here has some input also. LOL. As fsiflyer says, it's very challenging work, and you are, for the most part, going to earn your pay...yes, even that much pay. Overall, so far so good. I know I put it in another thread, but as a new guy out here in Kiev, with a new airplane to the company (older Lear 60, though), I am making very good money. When I have to go to recurrent, it's covered. Cell phone I am still waiting on, but I now am in an apartment, with internet and television. Decent place, it even has a piano in it. This is a temporary apartment though, since I come over here for 20 days, then head back to the US for 20 days off, airfare paid for by the company.

So far, I've had a few growing pains, along with the company. They have 10 MD-80's, and 3 DC-9's, and this is their first bizjet, so they are learning how to operate it and what is required. I am learning at an astronomical rate of how operations work over here, how to make sure everything is legal, visa requirements, and how to fly the Lear 60 with a (relatively) low-time in the Lear 60 contract pilot.

I'll write more in a new thread, or the announcement thread, maybe, as I get time. Right now, it's time to get some coffee and lunch.:panic:

Can someone please post some info on these companies? This sounds awesome!

All word of mouth dude. We have yet to hire one pilot from off the street. Everyone here is a friend of someone in the company. So for those that want in...NETWORK! Ask StoneCold about it. I thought I was good but that guy is the new master at it.

All word of mouth dude. We have yet to hire one pilot from off the street. Everyone here is a friend of someone in the company. So for those that want in...NETWORK! Ask StoneCold about it. I thought I was good but that guy is the new master at it.
By the way, do you know a guy named Mark T? He just left NYJets, not sure how long ago, but he will be the other Capt over here. He's currently in Dubai. I'll call ya later. Time to continue watching the X-Files movie! Thanks again, mpenguin for the hookup!!!!!

By the way, do you know a guy named Mark T? He just left NYJets, not sure how long ago, but he will be the other Capt over here. He's currently in Dubai. I'll call ya later. Time to continue watching the X-Files movie! Thanks again, mpenguin for the hookup!!!!!

I met him once. Not sure what happened to him but he parted ways with them. Never flew with him so I am of no help there.

I met him once. Not sure what happened to him but he parted ways with them. Never flew with him so I am of no help there.
Yeah, he's coming over here. I'll call ya tomorrow...waiting on the wife to call right now, then bedtime so I can go see some more sights tomorrow.

Are they N-registered airplanes?

Know of anyone looking for Excel/XLS drivers?

The airplane I fly in N registered, and I believe fsiflyer's newer airplanes are N registered, but they have some with Bermuda registration. This is a very popular trick for owners to use. You pay $150 to Bermuda, get your certs "validated" through them, and then can fly their airplanes. I won't discuss the reasoning for doing this, but I'm sure you can figure it out $$$.;)

As far as my networking...I think I've started to build myself a nice little network...especially considering I just now got overseas. I've also taken some big chances and done some things people would shake their heads at to make sure and meet the right people, and try to make a favorable impression.

How badly do you want it is what I kept asking myself!! Luckily I have a very supportive wife who has a good job for now. Hopefully she won't have to work much longer at all. One of these days I'll break down and tell the story behind those comments. just not ready to pull the trigger yet!!!:bandit:;)

Yes, currently all the planes I fly are "N" registered. I do have a Bermuda validation and the last Lear 60 I flew was registered there..."VP-B". As for XLS's, sorry don't know anyone out here operating those but that does not mean they are not here. Just gotta look around. Take care and good luck.

Back