Does this bother anybody else?

DeltaAVL

1405105.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/United-Parcel-Service/McDonnell-Douglas-MD-11F/1405105/L/

If the MD-11's just coming in, shouldn't the runway be clear of all traffic?

Now, I know everything said on Airliners.net is treated as Gospel. . .but. . .

Who really knows why he is there. . .and it's in Kazakhstan, land of Borat.

Perhaps he just landed, but had to turn around and back taxi to get to a taxiway? In the mean time, the aircraft that is holding position was instructed to line up and wait while he cleared.

*shrug*

Now, I know everything said on Airliners.net is treated as Gospel. . .but. . .

Who really knows why he is there. . .and it's in Kazakhstan, land of Borat.

Perhaps he just landed, but had to turn around and back taxi to get to a taxiway? In the mean time, the aircraft that is holding position was instructed to line up and wait while he cleared.

*shrug*

By looking at this website http://wikimapia.org/#y=43.3519&x=77.0406&z=14&l=0&m=h&v=2 it looks like you are right. The airport only has one taxiway.

Zoom lens people....nothing more to see here. Move along!:rolleyes:
:yeahthat: Thank you! Whoever lined up the pic purposely set it up like that to make you think he was on the runway, He probably even took it through a fence, I have seen it done...

By looking at this website http://wikimapia.org/#y=43.3519&x=77.0406&z=14&l=0&m=h&v=2 it looks like you are right. The airport only has one taxiway.

;)

So those years of supporting military assets in the region actually helped out. . .no way!?

It's amazing what thinking with a logical mind can achieve. . .I mean, it yields much different results than an over dramatization and debate about a zoom lens, or someone taking the shot from outside the fence. Hell, maybe it's not even being taken at all, and it is simply a figment of our imagination.

I'm sure he not going to take off again. I wouldn't want to fly across the pond then turnaround and fly back home! I'd be worried if ATC gave me takeoff clearance if he still there.

I don't think it's a zoom lens. I think it might just be what surreal proposed...a position & hold (or line up & wait as they call it) and the MD-11 back-taxiing after landing. Also, the guy that took this is an MD-11 FO for Luftansa Cargo.

I don't think it's a zoom lens. I think it might just be what surreal proposed...a position & hold (or line up & wait as they call it) and the MD-11 back-taxiing after landing. Also, the guy that took this is an MD-11 FO for Luftansa Cargo.

It can't be that simple. . .it MUST be a conspiracy!!1

Hello everybody,

I can see there is a lot of confusion going on about that picture.

Here the explanation.

FIrst of all: I did the photo, I am the guy who took the photo.

Here the story: the MD11 of UPS landed on runway 05 and had to BACKTRACK to vacate via taxiway "C". We were cleared to line up and wait because there is a backtracking traffic still on the runway. So we lined up and waited on the runway until the MD11 of UPS had cleared the runway.
It took them about another minute until they left the runway and we took off without any problems. He didn't land head on, he landed in the direction we were taking off. So, there were never any danger at all.
And NO Photoshopping as well! This picture is real.
I hope that cleared it up ;-)

Thanks

MD11F

Hello everybody,

I can see there is a lot of confusion going on about that picture.

Here the explanation.

FIrst of all: I did the photo, I am the guy who took the photo.

Here the story: the MD11 of UPS landed on runway 05 and had to BACKTRACK to vacate via taxiway "C". We were cleared to line up and wait because there is a backtracking traffic still on the runway. So we lined up and waited on the runway until the MD11 of UPS had cleared the runway.
It took them about another minute until they left the runway and we took off without any problems. He didn't land head on, he landed in the direction we were taking off. So, there were never any danger at all.
And NO Photoshopping as well! This picture is real.
I hope that cleared it up ;-)

Thanks

MD11F
Thanks so much for the explanation! I just figured that, since it's Kazakhstan, procedures for runway traffic may be different.

Fantastic picture, by the way. :)

Back