Does Blimp time count towards the airlines?

Sudiswaa

I have been looking everywhere for a low time pilot jobs and came across a few Blimp Companies that are hiring, and was just wondering if Airlines count lighter than air time? Kind of the same way the they allow SOME rotorcraft time.

I have been looking everywhere for a low time pilot jobs and came across a few Blimp Companies that are hiring, and was just wondering if Airlines count lighter than air time? Kind of the same way the they allow SOME rotorcraft time.

I imagine it is about as useful as my glider time, and at least that is "fixed wing." :)

If you're looking for a blimp job, simply to avoid doing the CFI thing, I'd reconsider. I did exactly that, and really I regret it. Sure, I've basically got to a debt free life, but I really really dislike my life right now.

I imagine it is about as useful as my glider time, and at least that is "fixed wing." :)
Total time is total time. ..... The airlines accepted my Glider time no problem

That's good to hear, at a minimum, I figure it will allow me to get total time to be able to check the ATP box, which may be helpful when one has to have an ATP to fly 121.

sounds like a fun job. where do i sign up?
Not a fun job, really. Yes, the flying that is part of the job is fun at times. The quality of life is worse than any regional could ever be. Literally, I would have a massive QOL increase if I went to Great Lakes.

I have been looking everywhere for a low time pilot jobs and came across a few Blimp Companies that are hiring

Like here? :)

bl.jpg

Not a fun job, really. Yes, the flying that is part of the job is fun at times. The quality of life is worse than any regional could ever be. Literally, I would have a massive QOL increase if I went to Great Lakes.

This is not possible! NOTHING is worse than A REGIONAL! YOU HAVE DEFILED THE LAW OF THE INTERNET!

:)

KSCessnaDriver said:

If? Interview didn't go well??

Hilton? I wish. We stay in more average level properties. Think La Quinta or Holiday Inn.
Hah, reminds me of the RJ days. Not so much on the Bro now...resorts are common.

Nothing says "depression" like the La Quinta-Moline Airport, Moline, Iowa Illinois...

Edited because I apparently misplaced Moline.

Back