Does Blimp time count towards the airlines?

Illinois.

Well done.
You're correct. MLI is in Illinois. It all looked pretty flat and prairie-like to me.

(Now that I really think about it, I'm not convinced that we weren't staying in Davenport, IA instead of Moline, IL proper...nonetheless...)

Hah, reminds me of the RJ days. Not so much on the Bro now...resorts are common.

Nothing says "depression" like the La Quinta-Moline Airport, Moline, Iowa Illinois...

Edited because I apparently misplaced Moline.

Yup, so now you have a basic understanding of QOL with the job. Think crummy, crummy regional, except rather than having 10 days a month that are yours to do with what you want, you are always with the job.

Oh no wonder! That would be insane!
Only thing better would be Blimp Pilot in the Middle East! ;)

When I ran Saudi Programs I had the "Pleasure" of spending one month a quarter, every quarter, floating between all our bases so I could get asked the same questions, "When are we getting a raise?" ...... Same as your contract says, in three years at renewal.

That said, I hope the time helps me in the long run, because when the right opportunity presents itself, I'm looking to get out.

Hah, reminds me of the RJ days. Not so much on the Bro now...resorts are common.

Nothing says "depression" like the La Quinta-Moline Airport, Moline, Iowa Illinois...

Edited because I apparently misplaced Moline.

OMG I know this hotel. Yes. Depression.

That said, I hope the time helps me in the long run, because when the right opportunity presents itself, I'm looking to get out.

Just curious, but how much time do you typically log in a month? I would think the one thing blimps have going for them is you'd rack up a lot of total time fairly quickly, since they are slow and have to be moved a lot to be effectively used?

Just curious, but how much time do you typically log in a month? I would think the one thing blimps have going for them is you'd rack up a lot of total time fairly quickly, since they are slow and have to be moved a lot to be effectively used?

A typical month I'd say I'm in for 60-80 hours. Maybe more, maybe less, depending on what we are doing and where we go. I did 102 last month.

Sorry, and no offense in advance, but all you ever do is complain. You and the other airship guy, so why not just quit? I can not go one day with out reading about your crappy QOL. Life is not all about flight hours. You don't you think you are worth more then this? There is something to be said about getting out and actively WORKING toward your goal, not waiting for "when the opportunity presents itself" Come on dude, I am SURE people here could help you. Hell I would if I was in the position to offer a job. But if you dont like it so much then LEAVE. Spend some time and enjoy your life, go on vacation, be HAPPY again.

Don't take this the wrong way, I have no idea who you are and I know everyone is different. But I just left a job I could not stand anymore, I was stuck there for years. I felt secure, comfortable and didn't want to take the risk of finding a new job. But guess what? I did, with only enough money to last two months and with no plan except to call my contacts. The next day I found something that is half the hours and pays double that was right under my nose the whole time. I never saw it until I walked out.

Sometimes you gotta take the risk.

Sorry, and no offense in advance, but all you ever do is complain. You and the other airship guy, so why not just quit? I can not go one day with out reading about your crappy QOL. Life is not all about flight hours. You don't you think you are worth more then this? There is something to be said about getting out and actively WORKING toward your goal, not waiting for "when the opportunity presents itself" Come on dude, I am SURE people here could help you. Hell I would if I was in the position to offer a job. But if you dont like it so much then LEAVE. Spend some time and enjoy your life, go on vacation, be HAPPY again.

Don't take this the wrong way, I have no idea who you are and I know everyone is different. But I just left a job I could not stand anymore, I was stuck there for years. I felt secure, comfortable and didn't want to take the risk of finding a new job. But guess what? I did, with only enough money to last two months and with no plan except to call my contacts. The next day I found something that is half the hours and pays double that was right under my nose the whole time. I never saw it until I walked out.

Sometimes you gotta take the risk.

Two words. Training Contract. Couple that with the fact that I don't have ATP minimums quite yet, and there aren't too many options out there.

I'm just trying to present the whole case for the company, and why people don't want to work here. How is that any different that the guys who post about Great Lakes or Pacific Wings once they get there and the shiny new job effect has worn off.

Quit your blimpin' whining you blimpin' baby, blimp your way to a better life and blimp it all! BLIMP!!!!! Sorry it was just too tempting. Stuck in a rut eh? Same here, and I'm not even at diamond status yet!!! Mappin is getting pretty slooooow.

Sorry, and no offense in advance, but all you ever do is complain. You and the other airship guy, so why not just quit?

It's aviation, I think there's some unwritten but universally followed FAR that says "Whining currency requirements: no certificated or student pilot shall act as PIC, SIC, or operate as required or un-required or optionally-required aircrew, inspect, operate, observe, or otherwise be within 60nm of any aircraft or aircraft-like objects without having whined within the previous 1 calendar day".

Really the career of most pilots can be analyzed by what they are currently whining about.

1. All I want to do is fly, I have no money, can someone pay me to get my PPL, it's CRAZY expensive.
2. I decided to take out a loan and get all my flight training done, cuz I think that's best to just get it done. I have my PPL now what, I have no hours, I'm worthless, it will take forever to get any flight time.
3. I passed my Commercial, what can I do, I'm in debt, and I need 500 hours to get any job, life sucks
4. After 3 weeks of locking myself in the basement to study I passed my CFI, now I cannot find a job I like, looks like I'm going to have to move, but I dont want to move I want to work right here in BFE cuz I think it's neat but are no flight schools within a 200nm radius, woe is me!
5. I got a job as a CFI, I live in someones closet and all I've had to eat for a month is day old bakery items and 5 hour energy. I'm getting flight time but I hate my primary students. I wish I could get some multi time. If only I could get some real flying and some 'actual' in a respectable airplane!
6. I'm starting to instruct in the Seminole, our airplanes suck, these students going to kill me, flight instructing sucks, I am so poor, I dont know how I'll pay off that $60,000 student loan I took out. I reallllly need to get on at a regional so I can get some TURBINE TIME!
7. I got hired at a regional, I haven't flown in a month. I'm so bored. I need a type.
8. I got a type, I hate flying so much... if only I could be home. I'm sick of hotels. I need to upgrade and get some respect.
9. etc. etc. etc.

Back