'Doc' receives FAA approval to offer passenger flights

RDoug

B-29 'Doc' receives FAA approval to offer passenger flights
  • Passengers will experience a crew briefing and learn more about the history of the B-29. The Experience lasts about 90 minutes and includes a 30 minute ride.
B-29%20Doc_1531616568716.jpg_92410103_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

All for the low low price of $999.99 (prices listed may not be actual prices check for availability in your area)

EDDIT: Actually I posted that before looking at ticket prices.... pretty darn close.... soooooo anyone have $1500 they wanna "lend" me?

The B-29 doesn't use turbo-compounding but it's still a neat read :)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
That is awesome to have a fluid coupling transferring power from the turbos to the crankshaft. The turbo coupling, turbo supercharged engine must have been a monster creating power all the way up to 30,000 feet.

The B-29 doesn't use turbo-compounding but it's still a neat read :)

That is awesome to have a fluid coupling transferring power from the turbos to the crankshaft. The turbo coupling, turbo supercharged engine must have been a monster creating power all the way up to 30,000 feet.

Awesome but.... Troublesome.

Fluid couplings generate a lot (lot!) Of heat.

P&W tried an infinitely variable supercharger drive using a fluid coupling but didn't adopt it.

Back