Do I need to keep applying??

DBATC

I took the AT-SAT in Febuary. I passed with a ok score of 84%. I was then contacted by email to pick my geographical preferences. I have not heard back since. When I go onto ASAP where would it say if you were reffered?? I do not think I was reffered yet. Do I need to keep applying for open positions or am I in the system, being considered for all jobs in my area?.

Thanks

I took the AT-SAT in Febuary. I passed with a ok score of 84%. I was then contacted by email to pick my geographical preferences. I have not heard back since. When I go onto ASAP where would it say if you were reffered?? I do not think I was reffered yet. Do I need to keep applying for open positions or am I in the system, being considered for all jobs in my area?.

Thanks

Yup. Keep on applying for everything and anything that has PUBNAT in it. Good Luck!

I'm in the same boat as you with a 99.7 score...but I did apply for the following announcements. The thing is, if I was passed up this time then what would make a difference for the next? We'll see.

I'm in the same boat as you with a 99.7 score...but I did apply for the following announcements. The thing is, if I was passed up this time then what would make a difference for the next? We'll see.

Change your geo pref(if willing) and that MAY help..... good luck though.

Why would someone re-apply to every announcement? That’s almost admitting to yourself that you don't have a chance at the first one. Maybe I was naive to think I could actually get in that easily. And by now two or three announcements have already passed.
How do we know the list won't be passed down to the next pool?

Change your geo pref(if willing) and that MAY help..... good luck though.

It's funny you say that because I was thinking that maybe adding the counties I would like to work in the comments section of the preferences ruled me out.

I put Fulton County for Georgia and don't even remember what cities in Florida...but I think they were hiring for ZTL in GA which is NOT in metro Atlanta (Fulton County Area)...If I get on the referral list for the next one I'm only going to put GA and NY (without specific counties) and see what happens. Thanks for the pointer.

:mad: i feel your pain. a family member of mine chose ny and nj.. scored really well ( well qualified) and didnt get chosen.
he called yesterday /finally got thru and was told he is not on any lists... AND that applications do not go forward. ??what is up with that??? you have to reapply..which he did // this time he was asked to choose 10 areas. so NY is not a sure bet by any means..( i guess unless you know somebody.../etc !!) /...even for someone brilliant who would be phenomenal at this job..( in my unbiased opinion).
of course he had already missed a few notices/and his age is a factor. it is so frustrating. i just dont get it. i guess God has another plan/wish He'd show it/ best of luck..

It would be great to know what they actually look at and consider when the panels choose candidates off the referral list. I too put down NY and NJ as my first choice and second choice states and was very specific in mentioning counties and actual facilities in both states...I got picked for NJ, luck of the draw perhaps :confused:

It's funny you say that because I was thinking that maybe adding the counties I would like to work in the comments section of the preferences ruled me out.

I put Fulton County for Georgia and don't even remember what cities in Florida...but I think they were hiring for ZTL in GA which is NOT in metro Atlanta (Fulton County Area)...If I get on the referral list for the next one I'm only going to put GA and NY (without specific counties) and see what happens. Thanks for the pointer.

Next time you pick GEO be a little less specific. Picking Fulton County is going to give you one thing, ATL. It would be extremely rare for the FFAA, even as screwed up as they are, to put you in the busiest airport in the world with no experience.

Unless you were thinking FTY (Fulton County airport) which is a contract airport.

so at this point I am no longer even considered without resubmitting more applications?

From what I understand...ALL of the PEPC invites are out for the Feb 08 announcement. If you didn't get one by now, you're not going to. Keep applying for any and all PUBNAT(XXX) announcements. Best of luck to ya!

Maybe it has to do with your academic/work experience. I'm sure that they look at it most when making final hiring decisions.

Honestly, I am convinced it's random. I have a masters, so by that alone, I fulfill the obligations and requirements. I'm well qualified (95), and I picked some of the biggest, and most employable airports (NY, NJ both throughout the region, not specific). This, on top of interesting work experience (at least 5 years worth), further provides me proof that it's either random, who who you know, OR, if they need to fill a quota.

No problem and do keep us posted on your status and remember that the FAA or FFAA (ATLTRACON, lol) still has THOUSANDS of air traffic controllers they still need to hire so if this is what you really want to do then just stay the course and surely you will find an offer, every announcement is a whole different group... best of luck!!

Wait a second....... I was just looking at your signature and you seem to be on a slightly different time line than PUBNAT-1 which announcement did you apply for? Just double checking not trying to insult......

It would be great to know what they actually look at and consider when the panels choose candidates off the referral list. I too put down NY and NJ as my first choice and second choice states and was very specific in mentioning counties and actual facilities in both states...I got picked for NJ, luck of the draw perhaps :confused:

I think the other posters here are right. I was dumb to pick NY/NJ with zero experience. It's no wonder I haven't heard anything.

I will have to reapply. At least now, however, I don't feel as bad knowing that other well qualified candidates were also not sent anything. Next time, I'm putting down Connecticut and New Hampshire, two complete no name brand states.

Question: For each announcement, will I have to retake the ATSAT? I'll definitely do better next time now that I have some experience under my belt.

I think the other posters here are right. I was dumb to pick NY/NJ with zero experience. It's no wonder I haven't heard anything.

I will have to reapply. At least now, however, I don't feel as bad knowing that other well qualified candidates were also not sent anything. Next time, I'm putting down Connecticut and New Hampshire, two complete no name brand states.

Question: For each announcement, will I have to retake the ATSAT? I'll definitely do better next time now that I have some experience under my belt.
Your AT-SAT score carries through. You can't retake it for a year.

There are only a few facilities in NH. ZBW ARTCC (overstaffed), A90 Boston TRACON (too busy to start your career at) and MHT (Tower, I believe a 7 or 8)

I thought VT was a no name brand state, but I didn't even make the referral list for VT! I can't even imagine why anyone would want to work in VT?!

Back