DL SLC hub announcement pending?

aloft

Saw this over on flightinfo:
[ QUOTE ]
SLC local news is reporting that DL bigwigs are in town to make a big announcement involving the SLC hub

[/ QUOTE ]

Another (mainline) hub bites the dust.

We're calling it "Dallascized" on the DALPA forum.

If it's not too much trouble to explain...what does that all mean?
smile.gif

Less mainline flights, more Delta connection flights.

Doug-- What does this do to your plans of SLC or LAX? It is looking like the only hub left will be ATL, the rest will be "focus" cities for mainline DAL. Even though I work for a regional, I hate to see this happening as the chances are getting slimmer and slimmer for upward movement. Oh well, I guess the modern airline model is tons of RJs and 2 or 3 A380s. Later.

Waitin' for LA!

And then I'll go and just vegetate for years and years. Most likely, I'll probably go fly the 767 in LAX once it opens up, sit on my rump for years, go fly the ER to europe when I can hold it in JFK or ATL, get tired of it and go back to the 767 FO seat in LAX.

Mainline = big jets (737, 757, etc)

Connection = small jets (RJ's)

yeah... it's not necessarily a good thing if you like flying the bigger jets vs the smaller ones...

one of the reasons i try not to go to dallas anymore is cuz all they fly are CRJ's from phx to dfw and that doesn't work too well for standby pax...

just means i'll have to continue to take other airlines to get to where i want to go probably...
frown.gif

Well ATL & CVG still have alot of mainline flights in & out....but we (CVG) are prolly next on the chopping block.

Delta Connection will increase the number of flights from 178 today to 206 by February 2004, while Delta will reduce flights from 115 to 95.

SkyWest - 190
Comair - 13
ASA - 3

total - 206 flights

So Doug does that mean that you don't want to ever bid for Captain?

You want to stay an F/O? Also if you fly 767's outa LAX wouldn't you also be able to fly the 757 as well?

And don't rule out the 7E7 when Delta buys it.

No, I'll bid captain when the time (seniority) comes around, but I'm more of a quality-of-life bidder so even if I could hold captain somewhere, the extra money probably wouldn't be worth the hit in the quality of life scoreboard.

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'll bid captain when the time (seniority) comes around, but I'm more of a quality-of-life bidder so even if I could hold captain somewhere, the extra money probably wouldn't be worth the hit in the quality of life scoreboard.

[/ QUOTE ]
How often do routes (involving planes of that size) open up to be bid upon?

Doug,

How much will the SLC pilot base be downsized, any ideas yet? I'm assuming the 757/767 and 738 flying will stay, with perhaps fewer lines, but will the 733 base close?

Thanks,

jm

Back