DL screws Emirates but AS comes to the rescue in SEA

The part was installed and then corporate told them to take it off because they only have one. Never heard of that before. In the same town where they make the plane, no less. The story is slanted pro-Emirates from what is a pretty liberal news source. I could have titled the thread differently no doubt. I will change it if possible.

PS: I don't see how to change the thread title so...Let this thread henceforth be called "The wacky world of airline parts and the airlines that trade them". Or something like that...
World wide epidemic!

Complete and utter DOOM. :D
Of course, this guy supports NAI, so

Trump-Deal-with-it.gif

Of course, this guy supports NAI, so

What was the final on that? Did Trump give official support for NAI? I hadn't seen the latest, and it wasn't clear in his meeting with the Big 3. Or was it made clear? I wonder if the Big 3 made clear their thoughts on NAI?

Hmmm...

President Obama approved NAIs operating here.

President Trump appears to support NAI.

Obama and Trump are in collusion....... :tinfoil:

:D

What was the final on that? Did Trump give official support for NAI? I hadn't seen the latest, and it wasn't clear in his meeting with the Big 3. Or was it made clear? I wonder if the Big 3 made clear their thoughts on NAI?

Hmmm...

President Obama approved NAIs operating here.

President Trump appears to support NAI.

Obama and Trump are in collusion....... :tinfoil:

:D

HAHA. I was referencing the $300 DL part in my MD11 comment. There is one thing on a UPS MD11 that costs less the $300 though. Less than $30 and worth about $3. The catering.....
I've seen your catering. It's absolutely wonderful compared to what we get.

Emirates can go piss up a rope. With their shady business transactions, I wouldn't trust that if something happened, they'd blame the people who sold them the parts.

When I flew charter, there was a few times we flew parts in to recover airline equipment. Emirates can't do that? While it's considered a good guy move to help out the competition, I see no reason why it should be a requirement, or why Delta should be lambasted for this.

Emirates can go piss up a rope. With their shady business transactions, I wouldn't trust that if something happened, they'd blame the people who sold them the parts.

When I flew charter, there was a few times we flew parts in to recover airline equipment. Emirates can't do that? While it's considered a good guy move to help out the competition, I see no reason why it should be a requirement, or why Delta should be lambasted for this.

We used to be on call to haul overnight parts for America West if they had a broken plane in CA/NV/NM/CO/UT or ELP. Got called a few times for that back I'm the day

I wish I still had the pic of a purple MD11 tail cone on an otherwise brown UPS MD11 in ONT. I heard Fedex charged them a pretty penny. Maybe the $300 part should have instantly become $30,000.

Supply and demand, baby. Supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like they could have got it from Boeing since they makes them in Seattle. Howard, how does this work?
Boeing has a pretty decent stock pile of parts, but they don't stock engine parts or avionics components. The same goes for Airbus.

Little known fact, there is one airline in SEA that Alaska refuses to lend parts to, regardless of how many they have in stock, or that they ask for from said airline at other places.

You don't hear us crying in the paper, looking for sympathy.
. We borrow from Alaska all the time. They do the same from us.

As a general rule Southenjets does not accept credit cards as payment for parts loans. That's a Finance rule. I know the whole story, but can't post it. Southernjets was in the right.

What's catering? Am I saying that right?
So when you're out for weeks at a time, put in hotels that you're not allowed to leave(sometimes) and go on flights that a person would normally have ate twice for the duration.
The company provides small chunks of boiled rat so you can make it through the day.
Actually our catering is hit or miss. A lot of big misses, but every now and then it's good.

Back