Dispatcher Dead Heading?

izanti

Hey all, my question has to do with Dispatchers being able to list positive space as a dead header.

Is it possible? I understand pilots can list positive space as long as they are dead heading to or from a trip. Can we do the same also? I understand we arnt on the road like them but I only stay at my base for my 4 days then commute back to my family/fiance every week so why cant I technically dead head or can I? Were all in CASS like the pilots and can jump seat if we want but is there a way for us to commute like they do?

Thanks

You're confusing commuting with deadheading. Pilots don't get to list positive space for commuting, its all non-rev or jumpseating. Deadheading is for when the company needs to take you from one place to another for their own needs.

Oh ok I was just checking cause this pilot who was commuting with me the other day mentioned being positive space and was commuting. Guess I was confused with what he said and thinking dead headers were positive spaced. Nevermind haha, thanks

Oh ok I was just checking cause this pilot who was commuting with me the other day mentioned being positive space and was commuting. Guess I was confused with what he said and thinking dead headers were positive spaced. Nevermind haha, thanks

A few airlines positive space pilots to work.
Do you know who he worked for?

Deadheaders are positive spaced. (usually) ;)

Commuters generally are not (for the most part, unless they're from an airline that is an exception to the rule).

I also don't consider pilots that are home-based to be commuters, that's more of a deadhead. (like NetJets, if they're still home based)

Back