Dispatch School Options

One of my CFI buddies told me to check out Sheppard Air for study material. He prefers it to Gleim. Has any one used this? How does it compare to Gleim?

I have heard Sheppard is better than Gleim but both are satisfactory to help you pass the written.

The only thing I don't like about AGS, is the requirement of the PPL written. I've heard varying stories on why they have it, but I know of no other school that requires it for any length of course. Just a principle thing with me I guess - you don't need to be a pilot in order to be a dispatcher.

The PPL is NOT requirement to take your written nor practical exam. Like Manniax, this turned me off from AGS. In class they are required to teach you per part 65 subpart C.

I just threw "Dispatcher" in the search bar and gleaned what I could from the "How Do I Dispatcher?" threads from 3 years ago. I like looking at pictures of planes, and /r/aviation is very good at pictures of planes, haha.

/r/aviation really should just be /r/lookatthisairplane

The FAR contains, sort of speaking, general rules issued by the administrator to all operators. Some operators would need, due to the type of acft, routes, revenue payload etc., an individual specification, to enhance their performance. As a result the OPSPECS will find some discrepancies with the FAR's. Its understandable.
In the 90's some charter operators would fly an american registered plane, between to different airports abroad, back and forth with the dispatcher on board. In these, middle of nowhere situation would stick to the FAR. Since many charters leased those planes for a while only. 707s, DC-8s, and lots of 727s.
I was wondering about a question i made today regarding a letter i got from the FAA about a new license, since mine was issued DEC 1990. Anyone in the same situation?

Fernando

regarding your question....I was in the same situation. The letter is letting you know that you cannot perform duties as an aircraft dispatcher until you update your information with the FAA and request a new plastic license.

Back