DGCA question

JrsyGuy

Hopefully someone here has either gone through this personally or had a student go through it.

The dgca only recognizes seneca's and dutch's as multi-engine airplanes, but would it be convertable if you did a checkride/training in any other multi and they built time(the 25 pic hours they need) in a seneca/dutch after they have acquired their multi rating?

I'm just trying to figure out if I have to train this guy in a seneca or if it can be done in another multi without him having a headache when he goes back to India.

You have to do your checkride in a Multi that is recognizes in India. like the seneca the new one I heard is the twin star. I know because I work at a flight school that only deals with indians and they tell me about that all day long.

This is really a helpful post by me but I had to vent. Freakn DGCA, it figures they only "recoginze" 2 twins. What about a baron or seminole?? All great training aircraft.

=J-

This is really a helpful post by me but I had to vent. Freakn DGCA, it figures they only "recoginze" 2 twins. What about a baron or seminole?? All great training aircraft.

=J-

No seminole, not sure about the Baron. As far as I know, they don't care what aircraft you do the training in, they just care that the "day and night checks" were performed in a complying aircraft.

Here are the requirements:

http://dgca.nic.in/licencing/conversion.pdf

It doesn't say anything about the aircraft. Basically, with the DGCA, everything is heresay. I had one student that told me that he didn't even need to do the training in a complying aircraft and he converted his license just fine.

Yeah i read about the conversions earlier and their language isn't exactly the best. I thought the FAA was bad. But what does 'day and night checks' mean? Are they talking about those x-cty's of 300, 250 and 120? And speaking of the 120nm one, why in the world would they want you to fly to an airport 120 miles away, overfly it and then come back without landing. That just seems strange. I've had to do that a couple times with students.:confused:

Interesting, but why discriminate against the mighty Seminole?

Why discriminate against many multi aircraft?

This is off their website(same as pdf mojo posted)

4. Valid Certificates of Skill tests for Single as well as Multi engine(if multi aircraft
rating is desired)​
(Note: The tests shall be on the type of aircraft which are
also available and registered in India and the test shall be on performa as
laid down in India duly authenticated by the Instructor/ designated

representative of State Regulatory Authority)

I didn't bold that section, it was already bolded by them, but that's where the discrimination comes in.

You have to do your checkride in a Multi that is recognizes in India. like the seneca the new one I heard is the twin star. I know because I work at a flight school that only deals with indians and they tell me about that all day long.

Everyone thinks there is plently of heresay about american rules and regulations. It's a whole lot worse about the DGCA, but I don't believe the twin star made their approval

Hopefully someone here has either gone through this personally or had a student go through it.

The dgca only recognizes seneca's and dutch's as multi-engine airplanes, but would it be convertable if you did a checkride/training in any other multi and they built time(the 25 pic hours they need) in a seneca/dutch after they have acquired their multi rating?

I'm just trying to figure out if I have to train this guy in a seneca or if it can be done in another multi without him having a headache when he goes back to India.

As long as they have the make and model registered in India, you can train them in that aircraft. For years I have heard from potential students that they could not train in the Twin Comanche. I printed out the rule and then showed them that there is a Twin Comanche registered in India. Hence, they can train in the Twinkie.

As long as they have the make and model registered in India, you can train them in that aircraft. For years I have heard from potential students that they could not train in the Twin Comanche. I printed out the rule and then showed them that there is a Twin Comanche registered in India. Hence, they can train in the Twinkie.

Where did you get the information that the comanche was registered in India? I'm not arguing that it is I would just like to know where you found it so I could have the proof to show people like you did should the need arise.

Yeah i read about the conversions earlier and their language isn't exactly the best. I thought the FAA was bad. But what does 'day and night checks' mean? Are they talking about those x-cty's of 300, 250 and 120? And speaking of the 120nm one, why in the world would they want you to fly to an airport 120 miles away, overfly it and then come back without landing. That just seems strange. I've had to do that a couple times with students.:confused:

The day and night checks are supposed to be FAA checkrides, I assume, but I also assume that the Cheif Pilot of the school can sign it off. Different students have had different documents. Some say "signed by FAA examiner/Instructor"

I read that but I don't see how the Seminole is not available or registered in India

It isn't.

Ha ha ha...I've done so many of those 120nm "round trips" in our duchess out of Addison. It is a very strange requirement, and what in the heck are they showing the DGCA by doing a flight like that? Cross country planning, diversions, flying to alternates all get covered a number of times in PVT, INT, and COM training anyways. How many of your students have had the DGCA forms for you to fill out when they have finished everything...what a nightmare. :panic:

Back