Desert Jet-PSP

I feel like I missed Haleys Comet. I didn't get to see this thread in its glory. For that reason, I cannot cast my vote towards this as thread of the year.

I feel like I missed Haleys Comet. I didn't get to see this thread in its glory. For that reason, I cannot cast my vote towards this as thread of the year.
Even worse, there is a gap in the google cache and that makes me very sad. I guess somebody decided to go all the way to google to get some of this info taken care of.

Kingairer said:

It is merely a potential contender to be nominated.

Don't fret just yet. ((See what I did there?))

It's still there, but invisible. I should write a demand letter to both parties… :) (see what I did there?)

ChasenSFO said:
All the time I spend reading JC bored at work and I somehow missed out on all the goodness. :(

It's the threads that appear to have legit potential that we do not suspect ... but we shouldn't ignore them because they may have excellent awesomeness potential.

It's all good.

I have the ability to show you what you're missing next "Cocktail Hour with Uncle Derg".
I'll be making a trip out to PHX soon to engage in my nerdom and shoot all the US Airways tails lined up before AA desecrates them with that hideous livery, let's do it.

Hold up! He was the dude who owned the other school at Castle?! Wow!

I don't think it was the same guy, but that guy worked at the original school... that's my understanding, but I could be wrong. Anyway, it's RHV legend, they still tell the stories! I have a few of my own....

I showed up to change an engine at MER on our Duchess after they ran over something and bent the propeller only to find that they had raided it for parts for their POS duchesses (One of our CFI's was out there on a cross country and took a photo of their duchess with our baggage door on it!), the entire time claiming they had no idea where our parts were and we must have taken them. It was raining, I was outside on the ramp and I was pissed off. So I just walked in and started going through their shelves and taking the parts I needed (our parts anyway)... then they started coming up with them. "Oh hey, we found this."

After that we no longer did any business with them. It's pretty incredible what some people will sink to.

I went in there for my first lesson…they sold me the Jepp Private Pilot kit without the books, they put their books in. I found out and then they magically took the books off the shelf along with the fuel tester and other things…thieves.

This has been an interesting read for me, as I have a friend who works at DJ. The stories reported from the front are always entertaining.

I'll be making a trip out to PHX soon to engage in my nerdom and shoot all the US Airways tails lined up before AA desecrates them with that hideous livery, let's do it.

I can put you in touch with a buddy of mine with the PHX spotters photo crew who works for US who can get you into better positions if you like?

Reactions: GX

You mean the untold number of A320's or similar and the occasional 757?

Phoenix spotting is boring..... hope you like A320's and 737's... all day. It's all you're gonna really see.

Back