Delta’s red dresses don’t fit, Northwest union says

I may lose my F/A membership card for saying this, but that pic totally made me laugh!

(Not that what happened to the Aloha flight was funny, but the use of the image in the context of this thread, is funny!)

Far be it for me to say what everyone is thinking, but why not discriminate against the overweight. Encourage them to lose weight, live a healthier lifestyle and do their jobs better. I know this is a union thing, where incompetence is generally rewarded, but surely this is a good idea?

I may lose my F/A membership card for saying this, but that pic totally made me laugh!

(Not that what happened to the Aloha flight was funny, but the use of the image in the context of this thread, is funny!)

Me too. . .ditto your comment.

It's discrimination. If you wouldn't let some one wear something because it "wasn't good with there skin tone" it would be rediculous. Maybe they just dont have enough red material left to make the dresses.....;) Maybe Delta could pay for/sponser a fitness program to help them get in the dresses. Its a win win.:clap:

Top five reasons not to go bigger:

5. Busting through the side of a plane and yelling "Oh, Yeah" wouldn't be safe.

4. Attack of the killer Tomatoes wants royalties.

3. The Chicago Bulls already have a mascot.

2. Children are going to think Clifford the dog is real.

1. We wouldn't want Delta FA's sent back to the Saab factory by mistake.

:rotfl:

Interesting perspective:

Mom was a NWA flight attendant back in the day. Apparently in the 70's, dealing with the company imposed policies making FAs second-class citizens was a never-ending cycle. In the FA department, men were given priority in advancement and placement over women, and weight restrictions were common. FAs were not given their own rooms. "The girls" got to room up two to a room.

Long running lawsuits and grievances ensued.

Given that their union fought long, hard battles to be treated like human beings and not cart-pushing eye candy to be treated like cattle, I thoroughly get where they're coming from.

The NWA cabin crews are probably a bit older than some of their DAL colleagues, so the effects of age probably wear against them as well.

I don't see why they shouldn't be have an issue with being told how things go.

On the other hand- that was their corporate culture.. at their old company. They're part of the 'new Delta' now, and they should make some effort to assimilate. If you're dead set on wearing something 'special' but seriously can't pull it off, have some self respect and stop trying to be something you're not.

This smells like the NWA cabin crews are out to pick a fight to establish a presence more than anything else.

I honestly have to wonder how many size 28 FAs actually want to wear the red dress. Put me down as another one that thinks it's more about the union bringing up issues just before the vote. In DTW, I've only seen a handful of red dresses, and they could pull it off. All of the others seem to wear the white shirt/blue vest uniform, and it looks good on just about everyone that I've seen. (even the bigger men/women... haven't seen a skinny guy in the red dress yet, so I can't comment on that)

Back