Delta’s red dresses don’t fit, Northwest union says

And...let's face it..it's a bit embarrassing to be seen with a crewmember who doesn't have the high standards most professional crewmembers have.

I've been to Europe several times ........... there are two kinds of Flight attendants in Europe:

1 Northwest Flight Attendants
2 Flight Attendants

:D

I wonder how much of this is the AFA (I think NWA FAs are AFA) throwing some weight (har har) around. Delta Girls aren't unionized right?

Re: Delta’s red dresses don’t fit, Northwest union says

Yes! Silly tabletop office machine! :)

Simple solution. Put the pilots in red uniforms and the F/As in those goofy double breasted jackets. I mean... well... never mind.

I'm going to go fly the Swift... in khaki shorts

But isn't telling someone they can't wear a certain outfit because of their size a form of discrimination?

I don't think so, because they're not firing the person. I don't believe that saying we won't make a this uniform larger than size x is discrimination.

If you don't fit into it, you obviously can't -- or shouldn't -- wear it. But they're not firing you if you can't fit into it.

Someone put it best in another forum....

A size 28 in a red dress would look like the kool-aid man busting down the isle.

OHHHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!!

Someone put it best in another forum....

A size 28 in a red dress would look like the kool-aid man busting down the isle.

OHHHHH YEAAAHHHH!!!!

attachment.php

"What time we landin'?" :)

Attachments

• Kool-AidMan.jpg
    Kool-AidMan.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 258
I'll put up a sign in the flight attendant's lounge if this whole thing goes through that reads:

Attention sizes 20 and above that have chosen to wear
the "red dress":

It is absolutely necessary that you resist
any urges to bust through walls and yell "Oh, yeah!"

Thank you,

Inflight management

It's discrimination. If you wouldn't let some one wear something because it "wasn't good with there skin tone" it would be rediculous. Maybe they just dont have enough red material left to make the dresses.....;) Maybe Delta could pay for/sponser a fitness program to help them get in the dresses. Its a win win.:clap:

Top five reasons not to go bigger:

5. Busting through the side of a plane and yelling "Oh, Yeah" wouldn't be safe.

4. Attack of the killer Tomatoes wants royalties.

3. The Chicago Bulls already have a mascot.

2. Children are going to think Clifford the dog is real.

1. We wouldn't want Delta FA's sent back to the Saab factory by mistake.

Back