Delta tried to “trap” FA’s in delayed plane to keep them from walking

Why, no, all corporations are infinitely benevolent creatures!

Wow she's pretty much untouchable at the company after all that

Ehh, I’m going to go ahead and say the person in question wasn’t necessarily universally seen as a “whistle blower” and there’s a particular process for particular stuff. I don’t feel like getting named in the lawsuit du jour so that’s all I’ll say.

We’ve had this discussion.

Was she even a member of the Air Safety Committee or anything? If not, who the hell goes and just makes a presentation to flight ops management telling them everything they’re doing wrong?

I was comm chair at the time. The MEC chairman asked me to record that message but there was no way I could have gotten through it without cracking up so he did it himself.
I don't see how ANYBODY could get through that without at least laughing internally. Hell, if it was my v-file I'd probably laugh.

Was she even a member of the Air Safety Committee or anything? If not, who the hell goes and just makes a presentation to flight ops management telling them everything they’re doing wrong?

Most places I've worked at usually have said something to the effect of we have an open door policy. Isn't this ideally what you would want as a management team to get feedback (not necessarily presentations) but if you go after people good luck getting any feedback positive or negative ever again.

Most places I've worked at usually have said something to the effect of we have an open door policy. Isn't this ideally what you would want as a management team to get feedback (not necessarily presentations) but if you go after people good luck getting any feedback positive or negative ever again.

My Captain had an open door policy as well. Then I got a stern talking to by our Chief for using it.

It's just lip service

FIFY. I never, ever worked anyplace that they really meant it. Even if they said it, they'd send you back to your immediate supervisor who would immediately s#1t can it or s#1t can you (for bothering him/her, trying to make him/her look bad, causing more work, etc).

FIFY. I never, ever worked anyplace that they really meant it. Even if they said it, they'd send you back to your immediate supervisor who would immediately s#1t can it or s#1t can you (for bothering him/her, trying to make him/her look bad, causing more work, etc).

That's poor leadership then IMO. Why waste the time to say it if you don't mean it and lose credibility the second you don't follow through with what you've said.

I understand there is a lot of CYA but one can't say one thing when you mean another and expect people to respect you.

That's poor leadership then IMO. Why waste the time to say it if you don't mean it and lose credibility the second you don't follow through with what you've said.

I understand there is a lot of CYA but one can't say one thing when you mean another and expect people to respect you.

Youngins....they're so cute.

No one is interested in leadership. No one is interested in doing a "good job". They just want to keep their head down and not get hassled while they send out resumes, mark the days until they get that emeritus position as a greeter at Mega-Mart, or marry the owner's daughter (or son, as the case may be) so they can move up to a cubical with a swivel chair.

Youngins....they're so cute.

No one is interested in leadership. No one is interested in doing a "good job". They just want to keep their head down and not get hassled while they send out resumes, mark the days until they get that emeritus position as a greeter at Mega-Mart, or marry the owner's daughter (or son, as the case may be) so they can move up to a cubical with a swivel chair.

I mean, that's one way to do it.

When you have a union, it’s behind inappropriate to do your own thing and go around the proper structure.

Back