Delta to operate to Paris out of PIT

True. Apparently, they're going to start flying from CDG to some of the "secondary" US cities. PIT's just the first (leaked) city.

Unless there is a huge subsidy coming from the city I don't see how that will work. Airways tried for years to provide international service out of there, and even with none O&D traffic it was a miserable failure.

I think Air FRONCE already flies it, but they're handing over some of their bacon ends and pieces to Southernjets.

Looks like RDU and PIT

November 6, 2008

Starting next summer, we will launch new nonstop service to Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport from two U.S. cities: Pittsburgh and Raleigh-Durham, N.C., as part of our successful joint venture agreement with Air France. The new routes will offer customers in both cities convenient connections to more than 90 European cities through Air France's Paris hub.

"Strategic and unique international growth, bolstered by our innovative partnership with Air France and merger with Northwest, has been a cornerstone of Delta's successful business strategy over the last several years," said Bob Cortelyou, s.v.p.-Network Planning.

The new service will make history in PIT and RDU. The new transatlantic route from PIT will be the only nonstop transatlantic service offered by any airline from the city. The new route from RDU will be our first-ever nonstop transatlantic flight offered from N.C. and will be operated from RDU's Terminal 2, the airport's newest terminal, which opened just last month.

The new nonstop service from both markets will be launched in early June and will be operated by Boeing 757-200 aircraft. To celebrate the new service we're offering a one-way special fare of $599 from RDU to CDG and from PIT to CDG, based on a round-trip purchase for travel through June 30.

GlaxoSmithKline.

They've subsized the AA RDU-LHR route for years. I think their HQ is outside of PIT.

That's AOK that the GSK HQ is in RDU and 10-4 on the AA RDU-LHR HB!

lOl dOuG. u R sO FuNnY.

From their website:

Pharmaceutical Ops HQ: Philadelphia and Research Triangle Park, NC

Consumer Products HQ: Pittsburgh, Pa

Major R&D sites: Research Triangle, NC; and Upper Merion and Upper Providence, PA.

It will be nice to have some International flights out of PIT again. As being from PIT I wish somehow it could become as active as before! doubtful, but it would be nice to see. such a nice airport. so again i'll ask. if i want to jumpseat to paris on delta, do they allow it?

well thats great. I hope this works out for them and maybe one day they can expand, or others can expand, and have more international out of here

It will be nice to have some International flights out of PIT again. As being from PIT I wish somehow it could become as active as before! doubtful, but it would be nice to see. such a nice airport. so again i'll ask. if i want to jumpseat to paris on delta, do they allow it?

You can JS int'l on any carrier you have a recip agreement with. You just can't ride up front.

Back