Delta standby priority

From the outside this seems like a great big playground with a bunch of kids. With only one kickball, every child has gathered in a specific group and each group wants to gain more ground so they can play their own game.

Instead of just getting everyone together, everyone is vying for their own space.

"Well to bad for you. I've got second base and you can't get home unless you go through me!

" Oh yeah, well I have first base....so there!"

"In your face, I have the mound and I'm not going to pitch to any of you until I get my way."

And eventually someone is going to cry and run home with the ball...now no one gets to play......:(

Just go out and play one really big, really cool, really fun game!

P.S. Everyone involved in this petty crap should be ashamed of themselves (esp management that doesn't seem to want to fix the problem). Professionalism goes well beyond how you manipulate the flight controls or talk on the radio.

From the outside this seems like a great big playground with a bunch of kids. With only one kickball, every child has gathered in a specific group and each group wants to gain more ground so they can play their own game.

Instead of just getting everyone together, everyone is vying for their own space.

"Well to bad for you. I've got second base and you can't get home unless you go through me!

" Oh yeah, well I have first base....so there!"

"In your face, I have the mound and I'm not going to pitch to any of you until I get my way."

And eventually someone is going to cry and run home with the ball...now no one gets to play......:(

Just go out and play one really big, really cool, really fun game!

P.S. Everyone involved in this petty crap should be ashamed of themselves (esp management that doesn't seem to want to fix the problem). Professionalism goes well beyond how you manipulate the flight controls or talk on the radio.
You forgot "not my problem, dude," "I don't care," and "I've got mine," which are the three biggest ills in this industry. ;)

After some analysis, I've come to the following conclusion: Delta pilots are welcome on my airplane even though I am not presently welcome on theirs.

'Cause I used to commute, I might have to again, and jump seat wars are stupid.

You forgot "not my problem, dude," "I don't care," and "I've got mine," which are the three biggest ills in this industry. ;)

After some analysis, I've come to the following conclusion: Delta pilots are welcome on my airplane even though I am not presently welcome on theirs.

'Cause I used to commute, I might have to again, and jump seat wars are stupid.

And, "Get off the ladder! I can't pull it up with you trying to get on it!"

Back