Delta standby priority

ahsmatt7

A couple quick questions. About two weeks ago, I was trying to jumpseat on a mainline delta flight from atl to okc. The gate agent said skywest and delta didn't have agtgent jumpseat agreement. Therefore, I couldn't list. Sidenote, an faa asi was already listed prior to me asking to be listed.

1. Why did this happen? I know for a fact that delta/skywest has an agreement in place.

I'm listing for a couple of nonrev flights on delta at the moment and one flight is operated by skywest, the other by endeavor. I'm behind delta employees on the standby list.

2. What is the standby priority with delta? I don't get put above delta employees when traveling on my own metal?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm feeling clueless over here.

Are you using travelnet on DeltaNet?

You can always go to the airport standby list (24 hours before your flight when you're checked in) and see what priority you're flying. They're clickable also so it will bring up the priority list. I know mainline employees should fly S3 on mainline....I'm pretty sure Skywest employees will beat out a mainline employee though.

You only have a higher priority for the jump seat on your own metal, but not in the back. And the gate agent ass wrong, you should have gotten get name and employee number and given it to your jump seat people.

Last edited:
Ok the sby list showing on travelnet is wrong. It gets fixed into the proper order at the gate so your ok there. If you haven't paid your delta travel fee you may not subject to flow back. So if your Jumpseating on mainline and get bumped by a mainline pilot the computer system will assume you are not eligible for a seat in the back. If you have any questions speak to the travelcenter. There is a live chat function on skywestonline and you could always ask the Jumpseat coordinator.

Also for future reference when they are looking you up in CASS give them your PPR number. It should be a 400employee#0

And make sure they are typing in OO as your airline code.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll answer them if I can.

Did the gate agent think you were a 175 guy? The 175 guys don't get Delta benefits and are (for the time being) not allowed to jumpseat on Delta. Otherwise the gate agent is wrong and we absolutely can ride on Delta. We get priority on our own (Skywest) metal, not mainline obviously.

Did the gate agent think you were a 175 guy? The 175 guys don't get Delta benefits and are (for the time being) not allowed to jumpseat on Delta. Otherwise the gate agent is wrong and we absolutely can ride on Delta. We get priority on our own (Skywest) metal, not mainline obviously.

Can't Jumpseat at all, or can't flow back?

I think the gate agent just looked it up wrong.

Can't Jumpseat at all, or can't flow back?

I think the gate agent just looked it up wrong.

175 guys don't have Delta benefits. Because of some computer software issues, or whatever (I don't know the finer details @Autothrust Blue), the 175 guys CANNOT jumpseat on Delta either. Nada. Zero. Zilch. They cannot list for the jump up front. They've been "trying" to sort it out for months and months.

175 guys don't have Delta benefits. Because of some computer software issues, or whatever (I don't know the finer details @Autothrust Blue), the 175 guys CANNOT jumpseat on Delta either. Nada. Zero. Zilch. They cannot list for the jump up front. They've been "trying" to sort it out for months and months.

And its a bunch of crap. I don't understand how they're allowed to deny them the jump seat when we have rights to use it. I'd really love to see how quickly this "glitch" gets fixed if our 175 guys suddenly started denying Delta pilots the jump seat.

The fine details are "Jesus Christ, I just want to go home/to work."

I don't understand how they're allowed to deny them the jump seat when we have rights to use it.

Nobody has rights to a Jumpseat. It is a privilege to use it.

I'd really love to see how quickly this "glitch" gets fixed if our 175 guys suddenly started denying Delta pilots the jump seat.

You do realize that the "glitch" is on your company's side, don't you? If your own company doesn't care enough to fix it for you, what does that tell you? Although, by all means, please do whatever it takes to annoy RA and Co enough to bring more flying back in house.

You do realize that the "glitch" is on your company's side, don't you?.

We were told it's on your guys end. Hence why there was a Delta IT work order that is awaiting a purchase order so they can start a permanent fix. And your jumpseat committee had a meeting with Flight Ops a couple days ago to sort it out. Who knows what the truth is.

AI'd really love to see how quickly this "glitch" gets fixed if our 175 guys suddenly started denying Delta pilots the jump seat.

I don't think that would end well.

Edit to add: doesn't the final say come from the Captain? I see a really easy fix to this until it's sorted out if I'm correct. If the person is in CASS, can you not just talk to the Captain?

Edit to add: doesn't the final say come from the Captain? I see a really easy fix to this until it's sorted out if I'm correct. If the person is in CASS, can you not just talk to the Captain?

Basically what happened. Skywest flies 175s for United Express. They are United dedicated pilots only and are not offered Delta benefits. For commuting purposes (I'm guessing) Delta issued the 175 pilots a 410 PPR number (all the other pilots have 400 PPR numbers). This 410 PPR number brings up CASS ONLY on Skywest Delta Connection flights. It will not bring up CASS on Delta flights. The Delta IT made a booboo and Skywest is "in the queue" for a fix by the IT department.

Nobody has rights to a Jumpseat. It is a privilege to use it.

I knew as soon as I hit 'submit' someone would call me out on "rights" to use it. I should have said, "authorized". Every other 121 pilot is authorized to ride up front, yet because of some "glitch" our guys can't even get to work/home on Delta. I think it's pretty screwed up.

You do realize that the "glitch" is on your company's side, don't you? If your own company doesn't care enough to fix it for you, what does that tell you? Although, by all means, please do whatever it takes to annoy RA and Co enough to bring more flying back in house.

I was told by more than one person that it was on the Delta mainline side. I had a 175 jumpseater out of SLC a couple weeks back saying it's been a huge headache and that Delta isn't in any hurry to fix it.

It definitely wouldn't, and I wouldn't really want to see it happen. I just thought it would be interesting to see what would happen to this "glitch" if mainline guys suddenly got denied a jumpseat by a Skywest CA.

I knew as soon as I hit 'submit' someone would call me out on "rights" to use it. I should have said, "authorized". Every other 121 pilot is authorized to ride up front, yet because of some "glitch" our guys can't even get to work/home on Delta. I think it's pretty screwed up.
It's very screwed up. You can point fingers both ways on this one, but I'll freely admit that the Company pretty much bungled their end of it.

I was told by more than one person that it was on the Delta mainline side. I had a 175 jumpseater out of SLC a couple weeks back saying it's been a huge headache and that Delta isn't in any hurry to fix it.
There's no hurry at all.

We should never have been issued the different PPRs, if you get right down to it; it's a "fix" for a "problem" that didn't exist. So that's one on us.

It definitely wouldn't, and I wouldn't really want to see it happen. I just thought it would be interesting to see what would happen to this "glitch" if mainline guys suddenly got denied a jumpseat by a Skywest CA.
Raised eyebrows, gnashing of teeth, angry phone calls to Mustache Central, I would guess.

DALPA knows this is a problem and when last I bothered to look into it (as it is a source of long running frustration, met with borderline condescension most of the time) there was talk of a paper jumpseat authorization system to keep Delta pilots out of the middle of it, and to let all of us get to/from work. Student Council here has finally warmed up to the fact that it's a problem for a small but growing minority of the pilot group. The Company has yet to understand that I cannot move an airplane that I cannot get to (note: I do not commute, but those who do are very hosed by this, and I bet if this got worked out our E75 reliability would be way up), and ante up to "fix" it.

So there ya go. I'll just slink off and fly my RJ now.

Basically what happened. Skywest flies 175s for United Express. They are United dedicated pilots only and are not offered Delta benefits. For commuting purposes (I'm guessing) Delta issued the 175 pilots a 410 PPR number (all the other pilots have 400 PPR numbers). This 410 PPR number brings up CASS ONLY on Skywest Delta Connection flights. It will not bring up CASS on Delta flights. The Delta IT made a booboo and Skywest is "in the queue" for a fix by the IT department.
More or less, yes. It's more complicated than that, I'm not even sure I can ride on our own (DCI) flights up front. I haven't tried lately - again - I live in base, and when I want to go somewhere, I know I can't get there if there's a widget on the tail.

Ok the sby list showing on travelnet is wrong. It gets fixed into the proper order at the gate so your ok there. If you haven't paid your delta travel fee you may not subject to flow back. So if your Jumpseating on mainline and get bumped by a mainline pilot the computer system will assume you are not eligible for a seat in the back. If you have any questions speak to the travelcenter. There is a live chat function on skywestonline and you could always ask the Jumpseat coordinator.

Also for future reference when they are looking you up in CASS give them your PPR number. It should be a 400employee#0

And make sure they are typing in OO as your airline code.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me and I'll answer them if I can.
Sounds easy enough. I was using travelnet. I didn't give them the ppr number. Out of my ignorance of being new to all this. Just gave then my OO employee number. If I have any other issues or questions due to curiosity I'll take you up on that pm. Thanks for the help!

Sounds easy enough. I was using travelnet. I didn't give them the ppr number. Out of my ignorance of being new to all this. Just gave then my OO employee number. If I have any other issues or questions due to curiosity I'll take you up on that pm. Thanks for the help!
They don't want you riding in back without paying the PPR fee. It's the best money you'll ever spend though. Trust me.

They don't want you riding in back without paying the PPR fee. It's the best money you'll ever spend though. Trust me.
I vividly remember paying 200ish dollars when I signed up for the benefits back in january. Is that not the fee? Hope it is! I can't afford much these days...

Back