Delta Rumors

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Just for basic trivial consumption:

From my unions forum. Completely uncorroborated. Nothing beyond "Heard from a guy who was talking to a chief pilot after a big meeting in ATL" but:

* 777 order grows from 6 to 8 (good)
* UAL in deep kimchee (bad)
* Delta "plans" to resume hiring in the fall (great)

Again, these are purely uncorroborated rumors.

I've been trying to get into the DALPA forum all day. It just won't load. What else am I supposed to do while sitting short call?

I've been trying to get into the DALPA forum all day. It just won't load. What else am I supposed to do while sitting short call?

1. alpa.org

2. log on.

3. click webboards.

4. Acknowledge the "OMG! OMG! Behave or we'll get SOOOOD!" statement.

5. Select and confirm the "ALPA message board" not the DALPA.

6. Click "boards" underneath the webboards graphic.

7. Click "DAL MEC" on the right screen.

8. Voila, you've just circumvented the port forwarding that's causing all of the problems.

I had a long discussion with an ALPA IT guy about the web forum you guys use. Apparently they switched to a .asp forum but that didn't have the control that was required so they dumped it in favor of good old webboards.

That's good (potentially) news though.

Someone on some rumor-mongering forum mentioned the potential of downsizing the LAX NG category. Anyone heard that one? I'm starting to get a little nervous since I'm averaging about 20 hours/month on reserve. Don't get me wrong, I love the part-time gig, but I'm a little concerned. Am I just paranoid from my years of abuse at the regionals?

Are you at Southernjets? You must have slipped in under my radar! :)

Delta impresses me. They needed to merge and they will.

United will liquidate by Xmas at their rate, they need to merge. Their only possible merge partner is US Airways and Tilton would rather take the company under than merge with them.

Good on you Delta!

Delta impresses me. They needed to merge and they will.

United will liquidate by Xmas at their rate, they need to merge. Their only possible merge partner is US Airways and Tilton would rather take the company under than merge with them.

Good on you Delta!

if united and usair merge the combined company would go under as well. just my opinion though.

I don't know.

US Airways has no Asia presence. United does.

US Airways is king of the east and United is king of the west.

I think would be massive reductions, but at least both airlines would survive.

I don't know.

US Airways has no Asia presence. United does.

US Airways is king of the east and United is king of the west.

I think would be massive reductions, but at least both airlines would survive.

United goes under perhaps USair now has an Asia presence? Now of course I would not want to see that but you never know what CEO's are thinking.

United goes under perhaps USair now has an Asia presence? Now of course I would not want to see that but you never know what CEO's are thinking.

Airways already has permission for an Asian presence, and they just delayed that because they couldn't figure out how to get an airplane for it.

Airways already has permission for an Asian presence, and they just delayed that because they couldn't figure out how to get an airplane for it.

"Hello Airbus? I'd like to place an order. Yes, umm, a couple planes that'd make it from the eastern US to China. Do you deliver? Great, here's my credit card number..."

:)

1. alpa.org
2. log on.
3. click webboards.
4. Acknowledge the "OMG! OMG! Behave or we'll get SOOOOD!" statement.
5. Select and confirm the "ALPA message board" not the DALPA.
6. Click "boards" underneath the webboards graphic.
7. Click "DAL MEC" on the right screen.
8. Voila, you've just circumvented the port forwarding that's causing all of the problems.

Right ON Doug! Finally DALMEC rumots in Safari! Mow if they can only get the silly middleware vendor Jacada to wake up and realize that Safari is a browser we'll have full access to everything without constantly switching browsers...

Someone on some rumor-mongering forum mentioned the potential of downsizing the LAX NG category. Anyone heard that one? I'm starting to get a little nervous since I'm averaging about 20 hours/month on reserve. Don't get me wrong, I love the part-time gig, but I'm a little concerned. Am I just paranoid from my years of abuse at the regionals?

LAX NG to be reduced? I'm not sure about that with the 700s coming. They still have crews from SLC and ATL overnighting on Wilshire so airplane orders/money wise that rumot sounds bunk to me...
FWIW Gary and Steve mentioned a buildup for the next 2 months...

Cheers
George

Back