Delta Pilot Killed During AMS layover

It's all in Dutch, but one of our pilots was run over by a tram in Den Haag (The Hague) during an AMS layover yesterday, I believe.:(

http://www.rtvwest.nl/nieuwsitem/21983?rss=true

Ugh! I hated those trams when I layed over there - you could never hear them coming and a lot of the tracks were on the streets, although from the pic it looks like it happened on a tram-only median.

I tried to look up the name in DBMS and the company has already pulled the rotation...

Kevin

Ugh! I hated those trams when I layed over there - you could never hear them coming and a lot of the tracks were on the streets, although from the pic it looks like it happened on a tram-only median.

I tried to look up the name in DBMS and the company has already pulled the rotation...

Kevin

I just looked too and the data has been pulled. I know the flight number and city pair, but I'm keeping my lips sealed until the press release.

This freaking sucks.

It looks like the area on the way to the Borsalino rib joint.

Very sad. Between other pedestrians, bikes, mopeds, cars, and trams things get pretty busy in the cities over there.

That's weird. Last time I was there I walked along that exact same section of track.

They put you up in The Hague instead of central Amsterdam? I guess they don't want "Ecstasy, Coke!" whispered into the ears of innocent Delta flight crews:rolleyes:.

RIP. Delta is known for having some of the best and most professional pilots anywhere. My condolences to his family. :(

Back