Delta Pilot Killed During AMS layover

They put you up in The Hague instead of central Amsterdam? I guess they don't want "Ecstasy, Coke!" whispered into the ears of innocent Delta flight crews:rolleyes:.

Den Haag is actually a very nice place. Friendly people, we're very close to the beach and it's a good layover city. Hotel takes great care of us too. I hear that NWA owns a hotel in central AMS and since the acquisition, we'll probably move to the AMS hotel.

I grew up in Zagreb, Croatia which like many European cities have extensive network of city trams and occasionally people would slip under and get hurt, but most of the people are used to it and are careful. It is really unsafe to have small trains going through crowded streets like that but that's how it is over there. It's not that common in the USA so Americans have to watch it when traveling abroad.

Translation to English...rough but readable

The Hague - In the Hague is tuesday noon a 50-birthday American round the life come then he with its bicycle under the tram were found. The collision happened around half four on the Scheveningseweg between the Frankenslag and the Professor B. M. Teldersweg. The police do not suspects has hear arrive that the man the tram, was honked cross because there from a car to him then he the tram job savage.

Because the cause of this accident is still strange, the police calls testify to report on by Desk Scheveningen.

According to an ALPA rep, the pilot's name is "Douglas Shave".

Back