Delta MD-88 Cancelations

I gotta bitch.

This blows.

You work your ass off to get to a good airline, spend damned near two damned decades trying to help others, shaking hands, doling out career advice, walking in resumes and a couple testosterone-laden internet posts and I'm supposedly working with a bunch of double breasted elitists.

No, it's not like that. I'm not. We're not.

I'm very disenfranchised at the moment.
Keep fighting the good fight Derg!

Derg said:
I gotta bitch. This blows. You work your ass off to get to a good airline, spend damned near two damned decades trying to help others, shaking hands, doling out career advice, walking in resumes and a couple testosterone-laden internet posts and I'm supposedly working with a bunch of double breasted elitists. No, it's not like that. I'm not. We're not. I'm very disenfranchised at the moment.
This is how your people turn on you in your living room????

I gotta bitch.

This blows.

You work your ass off to get to a good airline, spend damned near two damned decades trying to help others, shaking hands, doling out career advice, walking in resumes and a couple testosterone-laden internet posts and I'm supposedly working with a bunch of double breasted elitists.

You're doing it right. Good people attract good people.

With only a couple of exceptions, most of the people who I have seen get hired so far have been absolutely great people who totally deserve it. There are a few bad apples here and there, but no process is perfect.

As for the other thread about disqualifiers...it's not worth worrying about. Either I am a good fit or I'm not, all I can do is just keep doing the best that I can. If finishing college on time is a big deal, then I'm pretty royally screwed. But even if that's the case now, there's always a chance of it changing in the future. All I can control is myself.

I gotta bitch.

This blows.

You aren't like that. BUT... just as American guys had to deal with the sky nAAzi tag for years, and the Airways guys have dealt with the fallout of being associated with USAP, like it or not, Delta (as a pilot group) has become associated with being REALLY full of themselves. Not everybody. Hell, probably not even the majority. But there is a vocal minority who have pulled the Southwest Card from about 10 years ago and frankly, nobody wants to hear it. And yet we do. Over and over and over again.

Don't be disenfranchised. It's not a reflection of you.

Or apparently NIP (hehe...nip):

M0036/15 - RUNWAY 10/28 AND RUNWAY 14/32 CLOSED FOR EMERGENCY REPAIRS FROM
16 FEB 2015 AT 1200Z (0700 LOCAL) UNTIL 17 FEB 2015 AT 1200Z (0700
LOCAL). NO FIXED WING OPERATIONS APPROVED DURING CLOSURE. NO GCA
APPROACHES AUTHORIZED. SEAWALL HELICOPTER OPERATIONS ARE AUTHORIZED. 12 FEB
15:24 2015 UNTIL 17 FEB 12:00 2015. CREATED: 12 FEB 15:24 2015

They had sewage pipe bust under 10/28 right before the airshow last year

What do you mean by "your people"?

Damn! You beat me to it!

His people. What the young kids say, peeps? His friends he has invited into his living room.

Joke_over_your_head.jpg

Maximillian_Jenius said:
You should pour baking soda in your gas tank, the next time that you fill up. I hear that it will give you 50 mpg in city. And 80 mpg on the freeway.
I may be old but I'm an engineer. And it's not baking soda, it's peroxide. 8)

Trying to get back to SLC today. 930 flight out of Norfolk got delayed just enough for us to miss the connection in ATL. All four of the remaining flights to SLC are overbooked so they offer us a connection in Newark or a flight tomorrow. We chose Newark.

Flight from ORF was delayed for "weather" again. Never mind that it was pretty much clear skies and call winds in both places.

Back