Delta June 2021

Would be nice if they keep pulling from everyone who applied so far..sounds alot better for everyone (applicants and recruiting alike) than making people reapply for every class.

Last I heard was another class for early next year and another after that. It would make sense for there to be another posting.

Ah, but will they post again or draw from the 400+ applications already in the hopper?
the November class is still pulling people from the 400+, a buddy of mine got picked to test and he only applied to the September posting.

Kind of what I’m wondering as well because my status never changed on the careers page…

my buddy who just tested had the same “qualification under review” till he tested then it’s like Application under review or something. So if it’s still “Qualifications under review” you’re still in the pot to test/interview it seems (fingers crossed Bc I’m still under review as well)

Heard a rumor they were pausing because of the variants, but like I said only a rumor.
Is the Loki Variant an alligator or crocodile? Scientists share their  thoughts | GamesRadar+

Does Delta use the Wonderlic still or is it now the MMPI? Any gauge on the interview process?
From what we are told at work and from the guys that just got hired at DL, there is a personality test that apparently isnt your average personality test. Pass that and you get a call to take the timed Wonderlic. If you pass that there's a dispatch test, and finally... if you pass all that you get interviews.

From what we are told at work and from the guys that just got hired at DL, there is a personality test that apparently isnt your average personality test. Pass that and you get a call to take the timed Wonderlic. If you pass that there's a dispatch test, and finally... if you pass all that you get interviews.
Any idea why DL has so many hoops to jump through just to get to the interivew? Even UA only has the Hogan and SWA only has an actual dispatch test before interviews. Wonder how many potentially great candidates they lost from the wonderlic or even the personality test.

Quite a difference from my experiences in 2019. Then the 3 part Wonderlic and personality test were all done at the same time, if you pass you interview that afternoon.

Any idea why DL has so many hoops to jump through just to get to the interivew? Even UA only has the Hogan and SWA only has an actual dispatch test before interviews. Wonder how many potentially great candidates they lost from the wonderlic or even the personality test.
We often ask the same tbh… At the moment my company is working on a “flow” program in the near future into Delta for dispatchers. Once that’s established we must also first be trainers or supervisors for one year, and all that it guarantees is a chance at a first interview. But we still must take all the tests, including the Wonderlic. At one point they were also going to require community service as well, but dropped that.

Last edited:
Quite a difference from my experiences in 2019. Then the 3 part Wonderlic and personality test were all done at the same time, if you pass you interview that afternoon.
They may knock a couple of tests out at the same time… From what I understand you must pass a personality test first, which has failed a few people alone, to come down in person. The wonderlic and dispatch test may be in the same day, but again I was told by one of our 4 dispatchers just hired for the August class you had to pass the wonderlic before taking the dispatch test. Then finally the interviews. My company is trying to establish a flow program into Delta for dispatchers. Even then, once it’s up and running anyone in it will be required to be a trainer or supervisor for one year. And then they are still required to take all the tests including the wonderlic just to guarantee a first interview. At one point they were also going to require community service as well, but dropped that.

We often ask the same tbh… At the moment my company is working on a “flow” program in the near future into Delta for dispatchers. Once that’s established we must also be trainers or supervisors first for one year, and all that it guarantees is a chance at a first interview. But we still must take all the tests, including the Wonderlic as well.
Kinda makes the flow worthless in that case if you still have to do all the tests. Even if you did get the guaranteed interview a bad wonderlic could spell disaster.

Kinda makes the flow worthless in that case if you still have to do all the tests. Even if you did get the guaranteed interview a bad wonderlic could spell disaster.
A lot of people’s thoughts exactly… it’s still a work in progress, but we’ll see.

Back