Delta June 2021

From a post on LinkedIn:
deltadx.png

How is delta doing now? They had ~100 take the early out last year, took a temp pay cut to save jobs, now they seem to be doing better like the rest. 50-60 new dispatchers though? Seems like quite a bit. I wonder if that’s planning staffing levels for business and international travel coming back or just because of leisure travel? Be interesting to see what this next class is looking at as far as how many more they really hire after this and how thin that line is financially between being understaffed to then being overstaffed.

Maybe the hiring team is on vacation? Or maybe they are re-evaluating whether or not they need more people right now? It might make more sense from a financial standpoint to just pay overtime than bring in more bodies just in time for the fall slowdown?

ID LOSE MY MIND IF I HAD TO WAIT 2.5+ WEEKS TO GET A PHONE CALL FOR JUST AN INTERVIEW LOL. RIP TO ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED AND ARE ROTTING BY THEIR PHONES WITH TOOTHPICKS HOLDING THEIR EYELIDS OPEN

Maybe the hiring team is on vacation? Or maybe they are re-evaluating whether or not they need more people right now? It might make more sense from a financial standpoint to just pay overtime than bring in more bodies just in time for the fall slowdown?

They're here.

They're not.

Maybe.

And they're trying to do their daily jobs while sorting through 500 applicants.

Back