Delta hiring?

Livestrg05

Hmmmm Saw this on their website this evening...

Delta Pilot Basics

We are proudly recruiting pilots for first officer positions. As a new Delta first officer, you have an opportunity to initially be assigned to a MD88/90, a 737NG, or even a 757/767 aircraft type among our fleet of more than 440 aircraft. To qualify for employment as a pilot with Delta, you must meet all of the following requirements.
General Requirements
  • At least 21 years of age
  • Graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a recognized accredited organization
    • Degrees obtained from a non-U.S. institution must be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees by a member organization of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
    • Postgraduate education will be given favorable consideration.
  • Current passport or other travel documents enabling the bearer to freely exit and re-enter the U.S. (multiple reentry status) and be legally eligible to work in the U.S. (possess proper working documents)
FAA Requirements
  • FAA commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument rating
  • Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
  • Passing score on FAA ATP written exam preferred
Flight Time Requirements
  • Minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time
  • Minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time
When evaluating the flight time of applicants meeting the basic qualifications, consideration will be given to, among other things, quality, quantity, recency, and verifiability of training; complexity of aircraft flown; types of flight operations; and hours flown as PIC in turbine powered aircraft. Applicants invited to interview must provide appropriate documentation of all flight hours.
Other
  • FCC Radiotelephone Operator's Permit (RP)
  • DOT required pre-employment drug test and a medical exam administered by Delta
  • TSA required fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check and a Delta background check
Applications for employment as a Delta pilot must be submitted through AirlineApps.com. Applications for Delta pilot positions may be submitted free of charge, though a fee may be charged if you wish to join AirlineApps as a member for added features. If you are already a member of the AirlineApps system, sign in to your account and add Delta to your target listing.
New users can create an account to begin the application process.

The way the fleet is described (lack of Airbus altogether) and the fact that they say a total of 440 planes leads me to believe that the page is leftover from when the hiring was still going on last year.

That is not to say that they couldn't hire in the next few months though. I just think that this particular page is not indicative of it.

It's always been left open for people to go to airlineapps and submit their stuff even thought they are not hiring..yet. If hiring were to resume look for the newby's to go to the DC-9's.

Word on the street is that Delta will be hiring soon according to "a guy I know who is a pilot, but has office hours and has the ability to send you to detention if you act a fool".

It's always been left open for people to go to airlineapps and submit their stuff even thought they are not hiring..yet. If hiring were to resume look for the newby's to go to the DC-9's.
I thought the rumor was that the DC-9's will be parked as part of the merger. I thought it would be fun to see old DC-9's with the Citgo gas station logo on the tail!

I thought the rumor was that the DC-9's will be parked as part of the merger. I thought it would be fun to see old DC-9's with the Citgo gas station logo on the tail!
Look for them to start kicking regionals off of routes and start operating the DC-9's in their place.

As fuel comes down to where it was almost two years ago, the DC-9s might make more sense on many routes than two CRJs, for instance.

I can think of a scenario where there is something like a CRJ flight from an outstation at 2PM and 4PM. If they can find another place for them, a DC-9-30 would have the same number of seats offered, plus first class for the frequent flyers.

The seat mile cost would probably be less despite the fact that it inhales kerosene. They don't cost $80,000 a month to lease -- they were paid for long ago.

The DC-9 fleet underwent a massive overhaul just a few years ago. They were ready to keep the fleet around for at least another decade.

Who was in charge at NWA when that overhaul was done to more than 170 DC-9s?

Richard Anderson.

He's baaaack!

Movement! Let's throw some coal in the fire and get the train moving. . .

Muh - it's been going around the Atlanta area like crack. When it happens, it happens.

Look for them to start kicking regionals off of routes and start operating the DC-9's in their place.

I heard from an NWA FO that Delta may pick up some 9s out of the desert. The number I heard was around 50. Remember this is only a rumot. ;)

The story is that the additional -9s will replace the -88s on the shuttle, freeing the -88s up to go fly other stuff.

My wife works for Delta Res. She said Delta is going to be expanding flights out to China and Japan from the East Coast. So hopefully this'll open up some spots for us bottom feeders :banghead:

I'm jealous of the future 9 drivers. Best airplane i've ever flown. Fantastic.

(and no, the 717 daffodils dont count!) ;-)

I'm jealous of the future 9 drivers. Best airplane i've ever flown. Fantastic.

(and no, the 717 daffodils dont count!) ;-)

The NWA guy I know was on the 9 as an FO before going on the bus. He said he would go back to the 9 in a hearbeat if it was offered. Something about the bus being a boring aircraft to fly. :)

Back