Delta: Dark blue suit, red tie not REQUIRED...

How is this an absurd question?

Given the proclivity of major airlines to value applicants' philanthropy and volunteerism, this seems like a pretty clearly relevant line of discussion for this thread. Y'know...this thread about what to wear to a job fair for people trying to get hired at Delta.

It is an easy door to opening a discussion to be wearing a visual symbol of a cause you contribute time/money/effort to...
I hope this is apparent to all, I think it is.

Nailed it. Hot dang!

Now I'm craving an Orange Julius and a "pre-political" Chick Fil'A or Hot Dog Onna Stick.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is how I would approach this Pink Tie/breast cancer thing. Delta, (I believe is the sole sponsor of this event) and there will be no charge to those who come to this event. I think this is a great departure from the for profit job fair model.
So how would I "pay it forward"? Well since this saving me a few bucks, I would put my pink tie on, and when I walked through the front door I would ask to be directed to the donation box and toss in what I thought was appropriate.
Not because its a charity to which I'm currently giving(I'm not, I've got about 3-4 others) and not because I've got a personal connection, I do, but well it's personal and not relevant, and I certainly wouldn't expect to be questioned about it.
But because this is part of Delta's corporate social responsibility policy which is part of Delta's corporate culture. It's their "living room", they are the host and being the gracious guest that I am, I'm not going to get into any deep discussions about csr or my charity is better than yours.

Here is how I would approach this Pink Tie/breast cancer thing. Delta, (I believe is the sole sponsor of this event) and there will be no charge to those who come to this event. I think this is a great departure from the for profit job fair model.
So how would I "pay it forward"? Well since this saving me a few bucks, I would put my pink tie on, and when I walked through the front door I would ask to be directed to the donation box and toss in what I thought was appropriate.
Not because its a charity to which I'm currently giving(I'm not, I've got about 3-4 others) and not because I've got a personal connection, I do, but well it's personal and not relevant, and I certainly wouldn't expect to be questioned about it.
But because this is part of Delta's corporate social responsibility policy which is part of Delta's corporate culture. It's their "living room", they are the host and being the gracious guest that I am, I'm not going to get into any deep discussions about csr or my charity is better than yours.
I believe it's called sucking up. And that's ok.

One of the easiest planes to find in the air for sure! Spirit wins that award now, but I never had any trouble finding the corn dog 737s when it was more common. :)
Only reason I saw one in front of us against the blue sky today was the yellow/orange tail!

So if I'm platinum or diamond status, without a degree, why aren't they calling me?

:cool::DFor the record, I myself have a degree. ;)

Back