Delta: Dark blue suit, red tie not REQUIRED...

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Kind of a funny, but factual post from the Delta Pilot Recruitment Facebook Page:

Hello everybody,

We’ve been very busy these last couple weeks finalizing the details for our Career Expo here at our Delta Flight Museum in a few weeks, and we’re so glad about all the excitement about the event! We’ve gotten a lot of great questions, and there’s been a lot of buzz about what to expect when everybody gets here on the 29th and 30th, so we want to share some details with everybody.

What we need: We're really looking forward to getting to know all of you. Your time with a recruiter will be very much like what we do at other job fairs, so all we really need you to bring is your resume. You don’t have to schlep your logbooks all the way out here, or get copies of your college transcripts, all we’ll be able to keep is your resume, so don’t worry about all that other stuff.

What to wear: Just like with our other recruiting events, the dress code will be business formal. That said, contrary to some of what we’ve seen online, we don’t have any specific affinity for blue suits and red ties for men. This rumor just won’t go away! There are lots and lots of different color combinations that are acceptable as conservative business attire, and examples of them are everywhere. Look good, but don’t feel constrained by online rumors that we have a strange obsession with red ties.

What happens when you get here: Since this event is at the Delta Flight Museum, which is on the campus of our Global Headquarters in Atlanta, you’ll have to check in at the gate with security. They’re going to have a name list, which will come from the attendee list on ticketleap, so if your name does not match the name on your ticket in ticketleap, you won’t be able to get through the gate. You’ll have to have a government ID, such as a passport or driver’s license, in order for them to check it against the name list.

Inside the event: In addition to your time slot with the recruiter, we want to give all of you a chance to get to know Delta a little better. To that end, we’re going to have representatives there from lots of different departments that work with our pilots, such as pilot training and network planning, amongst a number of others. They’ll be there to answer any questions you might have about what life for a Delta pilot is like. Plus, we’ve got a whole museum you can tour! So, the time slot on your ticket is just what time you should come over to the recruiter area to meet with us, but you’re welcome to come early and stay late to take it all in!

BCRF: October is, as I’m sure you all know, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Delta is a big supporter of the BCRF, you'll certainly see some Delta pilots in pink ties as you arrive at the airport here, if anyone wants to make a donation to the cause we’ll have a box set up for you to do so.

Keep sending us Facebook messages if you have other questions. We’re looking forward to meeting everybody at the Career Expo!

No, shut up. I did not write this. Honest.

I saw that and immediately thought of JC!

Whenever my friend is on campus and he sees the trail of fresh haircuts, dark blue coats with red power ties, he'll check his watch and think "Yup! Must be a Monday!" :)

Passing through ORD today I saw a number of guys wearing suits with narrow tapered slacks and jackets that were too tight at the button and with shoulders with a pronounced downward slope. Also long, pointy shoes. In most cases the slacks ended well above the shoes - not quite "floods," but almost. Most of these guys looked as though they were wearing their little brother's suit. Where did this fad come from???

I'm going to choose to take this at face value and see it as a heartfelt appeal to reason. And therefore applaud, in spite of the fact that I got a bit busy, you know, flying airplanes and didn't get a ticket. You know, it's just possible that this is exactly what it seems to be: An appeal to just be yourself and figure out whether or not you'll be a good fit for the actual, real airline. Maybe it's not a trick!

Give it a couple more years . . .

09f27be723080a2bcda0c9a800b4c3eb.jpg

Passing through ORD today I saw a number of guys wearing suits with narrow tapered slacks and jackets that were too tight at the button and with shoulders with a pronounced downward slope. Also long, pointy shoes. In most cases the slacks ended well above the shoes - not quite "floods," but almost. Most of these guys looked as though they were wearing their little brother's suit. Where did this fad come from???

It's the new thing. Overly tailored tight shirts, stringy ties, big boat shoes, wide belts and hipster glasses complete the package.

Richman

Seriously I would. Especially if you have some story or volunteer work that you've done for the cause....but I'm an outsider looking in, just saying what I'd do.

I'm a lurker, on the sidelines, with no dog in this race, but I have yet to read if anyone has asked:
1. What color tie did @Derg wear to his Delta interview?, and
2. What is the rental rate on said tie?

Think about it Doug. Everyone has an assigned time slot, so there should be time to make the switch between interviews. You could make a little $$ to help offset your costs to keep the JC playground open. :)

Better yet, what if Doug auctioned off the seat at his table throughout the day, proceeds to go to BC. This could quickly get out of hand....

Back