Delta Air Lines (pilots)

Has anybody actually been hired at Delta that didn't have a letter of recommendation?

stock-footage-seamless-looping-emoticon-animation-hi-with-alpha-mask-isolated-on-black.jpg

Oh why not. I need more practice typing out all the 50 places I've worked since I was 10 and trying to figure out if there's anyone on earth who will forget me enough to give a positive reference. Plus I look great in Wehrmacht Fetishwear. What? Oh it's a long story...

But, your background was certainly "above average".

I wouldn't go so far as to describe myself as "above average." If I was, I might have made a better choice in colleges and military service! (And no, before anyone says, "well you were a mil guy. No, I was a grunt. All my flight time is civ.)

Whoever is in the November class, let me know and you can join me for a beer at Spondivits or something

Not that I suggest the place, it's just a rite if passage as a new hire.

Wear shoes.

at Spondivits or something

Jesus. Spondivits. You know there's a nice English (or Scottish?...can't remember) alehouse just down the road to the south (or west...can't remember). Here's what I DO remember: Spondivits is no bueno. Hurts to think about.

Although maybe not quite as much as it hurts to think about the time I met up with cencal and gonzo at, IMS, the "Irish Bred" top-40 dancefloor and daterape center. I need an aspirin...

Oh I agree

It's a rite of passage. A lot like, back in 1998, like going to "Morrisons" and trying to see how many times you get scoffed at before you reach the end of the cafeteria line!

If a new hire doesn't at least hit Spondivits ONCE during indoc, they're not being truly indoctrinated. After that first visit, a more suitable watering hold is certainly apropos.

I told a friend of mine with 6500 hours who was an airline check airman that Delta was hiring. He said he interviewed years ago and that Delta has a one interview per lifetime policy. If you don't make it that was your one shot. Is this still true (or at all) ?

Oh I agree

It's a rite of passage. A lot like, back in 1998, like going to "Morrisons" and trying to see how many times you get scoffed at before you reach the end of the cafeteria line!

If a new hire doesn't at least hit Spondivits ONCE during indoc, they're not being truly indoctrinated. After that first visit, a more suitable watering hold is certainly apropos.
So if I went to spondivits when I was only INTERVIEWING for my current job...would that help me on my resume?
See....I belong!

I told a friend of mine with 6500 hours who was an airline check airman that Delta was hiring. He said he interviewed years ago and that Delta has a one interview per lifetime policy. If you don't make it that was your one shot. Is this still true (or at all) ?
I've heard that is only the case for the HR portion of the interview. I believe the theory behind it being you can go back and work on your flying skills, but personality for the most part will stay the same.
But someone more in the know feel free to correct me.

Back