Delta AE 1/16/09

Also, "ER" is a Boeing term. Not just for Delta.

Really? Because I was once told that Boeing never made an ER 757. In fact over on FI I've read members over there teasing "the General" about how DL refers to their category as ER.

Words about arrogance, over compensating and ego were used about DL pilots and their exclusive "ER" category.

Saying that we're on the "ER" is a short way of saying that we're in the international-"only" category because we split the domestic and international categories for the most part.

767-332 and -332ER actually have some different systems on it to be ETOPS certified. I'm not sure if the standard -300 has fuel dump, HF/SATCOM or HMG's.

A leeeeetle more info: http://boeing.com/commercial/767family/background.html

Nah, probably not! A little overindulgence last evening at the local watering hole rapping with the pizza guy about the restaurant business!

No, No, and 4 have HMGs but they are deactivated. The -300s also don't have the transfer switch for the screens to the right of the gear handle.

Oh yeah, the umm, umm, umm, shoot. What's that damned thing called again? Flight instrument bus transfer switch? I can't remember.

Oh yeah, the umm, umm, umm, shoot. What's that damned thing called again? Flight instrument bus transfer switch? I can't remember.

Got me, we get to skip it on the checklist,although I guess I'll have to learn it now. Along with the entire WWO CD. At least my CQ is due anyway. Now where is that stinkin Russian visa app?

Flight Instrument Bus POWER switch I think.

This is killing me, I'm going to have to log onto southernjets.net and look at the PDF of the checklist.

Everyone always asks me who he is and laughs when I said I have no idea.

I really don't know.

He's an interesting persona :)

I've exchanged a couple PMs with him, he's a good guy, be he a bit gung-ho sometimes.

Comparing the General's posts on FI and various users of the Dalpa forums I have it narrowed down to two or three guys. Or, I'm completely wrong.

Yes...

No! (Even though it's already been pointed out.) :)

Just think about aircraft such as the 777-300ER. Delta doesn't operate those.

So take a seat. :D

Rafiki_TheLionKing.JPG

. . .da king has returned!!!

Comparing the General's posts on FI and various users of the Dalpa forums I have it narrowed down to two or three guys. Or, I'm completely wrong.

If you can find out who he is, you drink for free next time at the Taco Mac! :D

I've been trying to figure out who that guy is for years, but I didn't have access to the DALPA forums. I could only compare posts on the National forums, and I don't think he posts there.

Gotta replace those super ultra plush premium 747's with something, eh?

Back