Delta 747 service from JFK to CDG!

Story is that there was an Airways plane on the ground at that time that was used to evac the Delta and United crews to Rome.
Silly Duck...Don't you know its Delta who saves the day the end of the story?? :)

Last I heard the Israeli's are attempting to entice airlines to fly to an airport in south Israel until TLV is open back up.

I know this is off topic and seemingly minor but "pro-Soviet sepratists". What the helllll? It's pro-Russian! Since 1992 there has been a difference! I can't believe such ignorance came from the AP. It's not the first time this sort of label has been used. Perhaps it is a mistake, but there is a desire to create Cold War type hysteria. Back when the Ukraine civil crisis broke out Washington, including the Secretary of State and Senator McCain, were using direct Cold War allusions, plus allusions to the Russian Empire. They are pro-Russian, maybe even with some direct support by Moscow, but I really have to hope the writer of this gets in big trouble for referring to Russia as "Soviet". There are Americans who think the Soviet Union still exists, I know, but I really expect knowledge from a major new outlet.

Anyway, I suppose it's a prudent move. Of course it's likely more for less than perfect reasons--to prevent a huge wrongful death lawsuit if God forbid some plane should be shot down in Israel. I am sure pilots know that up at the top only money matters. All the talk about you being part of the family and the losses in crashes, well, it's about as sincere as....well I'm being pretty cynical here, but I see this as a prudent company move in light of the Ukraine tragedy.

You'll be buttoning your own double breasted blazer too, after the merger!

If it happens it won't be a merger. It will be a buy out. We have nothing Delta would want other than *maybe* a HND slot and 18 717s. The minute Hawaiian Airlines isn't "Hawaiian Airlines" and becomes "Delta Air Lines", everything that makes this place different and special to the local population goes away. We look like a good merger/takeover target on paper due to the stock price and the fleet commonality, but beyond that, there isn't anything there.

If it happens it won't be a merger. It will be a buy out. We have nothing Delta would want other than *maybe* a HND slot and 18 717s. The minute Hawaiian Airlines isn't "Hawaiian Airlines" and becomes "Delta Air Lines", everything that makes this place different and special to the local population goes away. We look like a good merger/takeover target on paper due to the stock price and the fleet commonality, but beyond that, there isn't anything there.

Hawaii's been good to you. You're a pretty dang happy dude.

Is that all you think about man? Read a book or see a cool movie recently? :)

Is that all you think about man? Read a book or see a cool movie recently? :)

Never confuse my JC postings with who I am in real life. I just come here to have a good laugh, make some jokes and talk aviation with my people. Come on man, you know the real me! :)

Back