Death of the cattle car - SWA

When we start seeing actual inflight meals on SWA, hell will have officially frozen over.

A lot of good assigned seats do anyway.

Todays example:

Bought ticket for 28A, arrive at 28A to find A and B are filled with what appeared to be a pair traveling together. Sigh. Sit in C without complaint or verifying tickets. The actual 28C arrives and wonders why I’m in the seat. I then ask to see As ticket only to find we are both assigned A. I pick up all my stuff head to the front of the airplane to find the gate agent scrambling. I’m given 25A walk back to 25A to see an entire family in the row and was asked by the patriarch a row back if I wouldn’t mind giving up the window to sit in 26C so his kids could sit there. Which they are ready were. Now I’m the A hole if I make them move or eat the crap sandwhich and take the aisle to get bumped all flight by every passerby. Oh and the kid sitting by the window in my now new row will surely be using the lav midflight. Totally happened.

For the record if it was a middle seat I wouldn’t have been as accommodating.

#firstworldproblems
#imafanofA1-15

I have an easy solution as a frequent traveler: If you’re assigned 28A and someone is in 28A, get a flight attendant to notify the gate about a “seat dupe”. If it’s on SouthernJets, the FA’s have a thing where they know exactly who has been assigned a seat so they will resolve it swiftly. Chances are, the person claiming to be in your seat is just a butthole that self-upgraded anyway.

Put your AirPods in.

So when someone says “SHURRR? SHURRRR? Can I sit by my faaaaaaaamily?” point at the earphones and whisper “I’m on a call”

Enjoy your flight in your assigned seat. :)

On an airplane, I’m deaf, indifferent and “WHAT!? DO I LOOK FRIENDLY?!” when bothered or asked for a favor other than getting up for people to use the bathroom. Bag too heavy? Check it.

I have an easy solution as a frequent traveler: If you’re assigned 28A and someone is in 28A, get a flight attendant to notify the gate about a “seat dupe”. If it’s on SouthernJets, the FA’s have a thing where they know exactly who has been assigned a seat so they will resolve it swiftly. Chances are, the person claiming to be in your seat is just a butthole that self-upgraded anyway.

Put your AirPods in.

So when someone says “SHURRR? SHURRRR? Can I sit by my faaaaaaaamily?” point at the earphones and whisper “I’m on a call”

Enjoy your flight in your assigned seat. :)

On an airplane, I’m deaf, indifferent and “WHAT!? DO I LOOK FRIENDLY?!” when bothered or asked for a favor other than getting up for people to use the bathroom. Bag too heavy? Check it.

“What’s yer root?”

Back