Dear God No !!!

I envy all of you that have speed limits at a more reasonable speed. I was raised in NY and FLA and then moved to the granola eating-mellow-I'm in no hurry- state of Oregon, and years later the slow pace of the drivers here still "drives me nuts"! The speed limit on most of the freeways and hiways around Portland is still a whoppin' 55! halfway across the state it goes up to a whole 65!Wooooo!
Problem is most people actully obey it. The mentallity as I remember in NY was add at least 15 to whatever is posted. Now I play it safe and add 5 to the rural and 5-7 to the hiway like SkyGuy.
I can't wait to move to Fla. in 2004.

Yeah well don't speed down here or you'll knock the blue hairs off the road.

I notice most of the traffic around here is at +5mph now that speed limits are 65-70. It was +15 at 55mph so nobody changed much.

The exceptions are the turnpike and I-95. Do not go 70 in the left lane! You will be roadkill! The Beemers and Mercedes' will eat you for lunch.

[ QUOTE ]
The exceptions are the turnpike and I-95. Do not go 70 in the left lane! You will be roadkill! The Beemers and Mercedes' will eat you for lunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can barely do 80 in the left lane and if you are doing 70 in the middle lane you will quickly see headlights in your mirror and will be passed frequently.

Question for Floridians

Why is I-4 which runs from Tampa to Daytona and interstate highway?
Doesn't Interstate mean between two or more states?

You're talking about Florida logic.. which is pretty much non-existant.

It SHOULD be an INTRA-State... but hey - Hawaii has an interstate too.
wink.gif

BTW - I-4 (or as I call it "Die-More")is one of the most dangerous interstates in the South. Many, many drivers meet their makers on that stretch of highway.

[ QUOTE ]
I envy all of you that have speed limits at a more reasonable speed. I was raised in NY and FLA and then moved to the granola eating-mellow-I'm in no hurry- state of Oregon, and years later the slow pace of the drivers here still "drives me nuts"! The speed limit on most of the freeways and hiways around Portland is still a whoppin' 55! halfway across the state it goes up to a whole 65!Wooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the hell in which I live! I'm a NJ transplant to Seattle. Great city, terrible drivers. Well, "terrible" in the sense that they all obey the freakin' speed limit. I mean damn people - aren't we all trying to actually get somewhere??? Today???

Man, on the Turnpike & Parkway, you'd add at least 15 to the limit. Hell, I'd think I'm doing great at 80 mph and some wiseguy in a BMW would blast past me at 95. And then another guy would do the same thing about 2 minutes later. Ahh, between the highways, pizza, bagels, and the shore, I actually miss NJ for about 10 minutes from time to time.
smirk.gif

If anybody cares, on the I-4 thing in Florida- its so the state can get federal $$$ for maintenance, etc.... Cousin works for the DOT.

I know all about how the FDOT goes about getting $$ for their highway projects - I used to work in the roadway design group there in tampa....

let's just say that it took hurricane andrew to get an emergency evac in place along I-4 in tampa - although they have the money funded and it should have been built already, i actually don't believe they've built it yet - probably waiting for another accident to occur so they can get more $$...who knows...

to say the least - the gov always takes the money from education and highway projects to fund all his "special interest" crap shoot projects... sad for all the floridians that voted him in!!

I-4 was such a joke.

Sheesh, I don't miss living in "God's waiting room" one bit!
smile.gif

Sure we've got oppressive heat, scorpions, rattlesnakes, various arachnids and no rain, but that beats the best day living in Altamonte Springs!
smile.gif

nunst004.gif

Yeah!
smile.gif

I-4 may be a mess but it's nothing compared to I-95 near any big city up north.

[edit]

AND Chicago had some of the worst traffic I've ever seen.

(thanks ESF!)

[/edit]

Yeah that was a "non-sequitor" I meant AND Chicago has horrible traffic (in addition to I-95 on the East Coast.)

I look at that post and say what dumb ass wrote that? Oh My Ghandi it was me!

You really think the cops do anything in Michagan? lol, we get drivers in Toledo that are just plain maniacs (and guess what they are from Michagan). Well, I don't see how you can even get up to speed on the michagan highways.

I Decided to Pay it all Off( and payed it off two days ago) TOTAL( $271.00 )..

1. I Work/live in Maine; I'm Stationed there. I don't Have time to go to Mass on the Weekday and See a Judge.
We Have alot of Maint to do on our A/c .

It's not like a Civillian job where you can Say " I'm not Coming in today". I'd love to be able to do that, but I'm scared I might get another Ticket On my Way to Court!!!
mad.gif

I'v Been Feeling real Paranoid on the road Lately.
Last night I saw a Cop car Pass me with his Lights/Flashing and Siren sounding off(I nearly had a Heart Attack)

P.s For you People Telling Me to slow down.. I understand where your Coming from... But Sheeshutup
crazy.gif

If traffic is going 65 I'll go 65 ... If not well I Had 250+ miles to go. I decided to Go with the flow of Traffic, instead of Driving for an extra 1hr.

Back