DC-10 Burns in Memphis

Re: DC-10 Burns in Florida

what on earth were they throwing out the cocpit windows? It looks like the pilots were maybe saving their flight bags maybe. What else would be so important when the flames/smoke were nipping at your heels.
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
what on earth were they throwing out the cocpit windows? It looks like the pilots were maybe saving their flight bags maybe. What else would be so important when the flames/smoke were nipping at your heels.
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

$$$ Jeppesen charts and leather binders!!! $$$

So what'll happen to all the Christmas gifts on that aircraft? Will FedEx rehemburse every one?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth.
frown.gif
NOS charts could have just let them burn
grin.gif

I was just asking a friend that because we both used to work for a company that did contract work for FedEx. My guess is they will, but it will proabably be a slow process. I hope no one's Christmas is ruined because of this.

Great Viedo. Gotta love the dedication to their personal property.

Your flight bag or you life? Hmm I thinking.

Hey guys.

A little off topic, but I'm curious.

What has been done to prevent the hydraulic failures as in the Sioux City crash?

Is the -10 a (relatively speaking) desirable heavy to fly? Or is it looked at with a bit of suspicion?

I looked more closely at the video....and, no winglets.

I didn't know FedEx flew DC-10s, thought they only flew MD-11s.

Won't be making too many comments here, but just to note that FedEx does operate DC-10s also, but this particular aircraft had been converted to an MD-10. Also, for the record, FedEx pays for our Jepp binders. Might be seeing the end of the rope ball as they toss out the escape line.

Not very long my white-bearded "Windy City" brotha. The quality isnt that great so it took maybe 10-30 seconds to load. Did you hear about the Piper that went down in Grinnell last night? None of the 4 occupants made it.

They were flying from Chicago to Ankeny and a farmer found the wreckage in his field at 9am this morning. The news story didnt state what the cause was, but I suspect icing at this point. I am just in the middle of a 5 day weather planning scenario and had tracked weather for Iowa last night. Not a night to be flying GA aircraft to say the least.

[ QUOTE ]
What has been done to prevent the hydraulic failures as in the Sioux City crash?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much on the hydraulics that I know of ... but they proved you can have sufficient control to land without 'em.
shocked.gif

The MD-10 is a refitted DC-10. It has all new avionics similar to the MD-11 and a Rigid Cargo Barrier. Check out at Boeing's Aero Magazine for a good overview.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much on the hydraulics that I know of ... but they proved you can have sufficient control to land without 'em.
shocked.gif

The MD-10 is a refitted DC-10. It has all new avionics similar to the MD-11 and a Rigid Cargo Barrier. Check out at Boeing's Aero Magazine for a good overview.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks dude.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They were trying to unload all the Christmas gifts - have you ever seen the movie Castaway??????

Back