Dassault Falcon 20E5 - Fatal 2 - 10/5/2021

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Date:05-OCT-2021
Time:5:44
Type:
Silhouette image of generic FA20 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Dassault Falcon 20E-5
Owner/operator:Career Aviation CO opf Pak West Airlines
MSN:83
Fatalities:Fatalities: 2 / Occupants: 2
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Category:Accident
Location:near Thomson-McDuffie County Airport (HQU/KHQU), GA -
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:Approach
Nature:Cargo
Departure airport:Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport, TX (LBB/KLBB)
Destination airport:Thomson-McDuffie County Airport, GA (KHQU)
Investigating agency:NTSB
Narrative:
Pak West Airlines flight 887, a Dassault Falcon 20, N283SA, was destroyed when it impacted trees and terrain while on approach to Thomson-McDuffie County Airport (HQU/KHQU), Thomson, Georgia.
The captain and first officer were fatally injured.

Sources:

McDuffie County Plane Crash Kills Two

N283SA Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

1633457076155.png

Attachments

• 1633456914447.png
    1633456914447.png
    656.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
From the article;
Cooper and her husband, Ernie Rogers, live on a stretch of Wrightsboro Road in McDuffie County that has a curve in the road. That curve has claimed a few trucks in its day. The other thought that crossed her mind was a truck had overturned in the roadway causing the noise.

Rogers said the plane was traveling east, hit the tops of pine trees in the adjoining property before crashing head on into the pine trees lining their driveway
.”

A415D974-438A-4C2A-83DC-7862B616E0A6.jpeg
BFEB82D8-66AE-449B-9E29-257CC6C0DB2F.jpeg

Dang…night freight run and the ILS GP and PAPI both Notam’d.

Is anyone even still flying pax in a Falcon 20?

Yes, the highest time F20 is based next to us in MHT. Plane is in great shape. There was an article about it a while back. The pilots have an ungodly number of hours in it, and their MU2’s.

Dassault works to keep it flying but it’s definitely getting hard for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the highest time F20 is based next to us in MHT. Plane is in great shape. There was an article about it a while back. The pilots have an ungodly number of hours in it, and their MU2’s.

Dassault works to keep it flying but it’s definitely getting hard for them.

Is that the Keller guys up there still? Didn't think they still had the Falcon; I know their MU2s are alive and well. Can still hear them in my sleep.

More on N283SA accident.
The final ADS-B data point (located 1.1 nautical miles from Rwy 10 threshold) showed a descent rate of -1,600 feet per minute at 700 MSL (200' AGL) and a ground speed of 133 Kts. The Field elevation is 500.9' MSL. Lowest permitted decent on any approach to Rwy 10 is 400/1.

it’s DA20.

ah you’re right I remember I’ve worked one or twoof those and was very suprjsed when the Diamond tagged up doing 180kts off the runway.

There must be different variants cause the FA20 is also a Falcon 20 and there’s plenty of them flying.

ah you’re right I remember I’ve worked one or twoof those and was very suprjsed when the Diamond tagged up doing 180kts off the runway.

There must be different variants cause the FA20 is also a Falcon 20 and there’s plenty of them flying.

Dassault makes a 10, 20, 100 & 200. IIRC, one of those had a prototype that was supersonic.

The 2000 designation for ATC is F2TH.

Is that the Keller guys up there still? Didn't think they still had the Falcon; I know their MU2s are alive and well. Can still hear them in my sleep.

Loud and proud those MU2’s are. They still have the 20, although it seems like it’s apart more than together these days.

Back