DALPA Negotiating Committee Resigns

Nope.

I'm totally serious.

I'm not playing "clean up" with a decade of entirely preventable moronic BS that came to fruition after they continuously failed to put the right people in the right positions at the right time and didn't play the whole "cronyism" game.

I wouldn't touch IT, COM or SPC with a ten foot pole now.

Not my baby and I ain't payin' no child support.

But when you are elected Negotiating Chair, YOU can change it and make it the Delta Airlines Pilots baby.

Nope.

I'm totally serious.

I'm not playing "clean up" with a decade of entirely preventable moronic BS that came to fruition after they continuously failed to put the right people in the right positions at the right time and didn't play the whole "cronyism" game.

This makes complete sense now.....The timing.

1. Current committee resigns effective Sep 15.
2. @Derg cancels NJC for Oct
3. Must be so he can focus on his new negotiating duties

Spread the rumors! Derg is in!!!
That is how rumors ("rumots") get started, indeed. Sounds credible. I heard it here. And from a check airman's friend's cousin on the jumpseat.

A sneak peak of the posters that will be in pilot lounges across the country!

DFD.jpg

Professional move imho. Although late. 2-3 days post failure it should have been announced. Do, deliver, progress. If any of those steps fail, you get out of the way. At least that's how I see it.

There is zero trust after a failure of a profitable (meaning non-BK/concessionary) contract. They tried, it didn't work, change it up. The hunger now has a bite of many and those that meet the judgement criteria of the Mec will be brought forward.

Is it a failure? And if so, who's?

There is the negotiating committee, which presumably has access to all the information and data needed to make an informed decision about the company's proposal(s), and its willingness/ability to offer more.

Then there is the line pilot whose information is limited to what is read in the Wall Street Journal and heard 'round the water cooler.

Whose failure is it?

Talk amongst yourselves...

Flying Saluki said:
Is it a failure? And if so, who's? There is the negotiating committee, which presumably has access to all the information and data needed to make an informed decision about the company's proposal(s), and its willingness/ability to offer more. Then there is the line pilot whose information is limited to what is read in the Wall Street Journal and heard 'round the water cooler. Whose failure is it? Talk amongst yourselves...

Oh, now you've done it! You've implied that the average line pilot doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. Prepare for the backlash. ;)

Is it a failure? And if so, who's?

There is the negotiating committee, which presumably has access to all the information and data needed to make an informed decision about the company's proposal(s), and its willingness/ability to offer more.

Then there is the line pilot whose information is limited to what is read in the Wall Street Journal and heard 'round the water cooler.

Whose failure is it?

Talk amongst yourselves...

You're missing the third leg of the stool. The MEC (either leadership or individual councils, depending on how a property functions) actually parse the data and information and then direct the NC as what to pursue and in what priority. They also make the decisions on what areas there is some flexibility in working with the company to solve their problems with the current CBA (ummm... PWA). Under a good leadership team, an NC has a lot of freedom to operate how they see fit, but at the end of the day they don't generate the plan for negotiations.

It's all well and good for the NC and MEC leadership to step down, but remember, none of those people have a vote in sending a TA to the membership and, even farther up the chain, none of those people have a vote on deciding what the strategic plan for negations will be. And so far, I haven't heard anything about replacing the people that do.

Also, something else to consider. It is very possible that the polling data showed exactly what ended up being in the TA, for two reasons. Firstly, just like you'll never find a yes voter on a concessionary deal that passes (which this wasn't actually), people poll and vote differently some times, especially when under the pressures and timelines of social media. The other possible reason for the disconnect was poor polling questions. ALPA generally does a pretty good job of running survey questions past consultants before putting them out, but sometimes that wording doesn't actually answer the question they meant to be asking. This can especially be true when asking a pilot to list their bargaining priorities or what is important to them.

Nope.

I'm totally serious.

Haha....I used to say stuff like this. Stuff like "you f(@#ed it, you fix it".

Then I learned the ultimate lesson...don't walk slowly through the crew room during election season. I did, and caught the gaze of the former CA rep. Like the medusa from "Clash of the Titans"*, it turned all my free time to stone.

It's coming for you too, Derg. Better not let it's gaze fall upon you, too.

Richman

* And I ain't talking about that cheesy remake, but the manly version with Harry Hamlin in a loincloth and Burgess Meredith sounding like the Penguin.

Back