Dallas

Sorry for drifting away from this thread. Thanks for all the tips and advice. I looked at a few places in Addison and wasn't really impressed for the money. I found a really nice place in Plano that had really flexible lease terms and will be a good fit. Thanks again for everyones help.

Where, where, where?

Draw a big line from north to south through DFW airport.

Pretty much everything east of the line that doesn't suck will be overpriced.

Better luck west of the line.

I did the apartment scout thing a year ago... avoid Arlington and Grand Prairie, and southern parts of Ft Worth and Dallas both.

Stay out of north Dallas and Plano/Frisco area. Unless you're flying big iron for Suthernjets Innanashunal, you don't wanna play there. The areas NW of Dallas in between DAL and DFW aren't bad.

Will you still be living on the back side of the clock? Commute time in the DFW area is a BIG factor in where you wanna live.

Some places you just don't wanna be during rush hour.

On the LBJ Expressway, Friday night rush hour starts Thursday afternoon.

oh one more thing, If you want to use the N/S highway that cuts DFW in half, you have to pay $2 each way to go through the airport. I found out when I arrived there for a week's vacation and rented a car and wondered about that.

Awesome so you can help me sort through this booze or no booze maze that is texas.

Sure...

Beer / Wine - There is a CVS right by you, just south of Legacy on West side of Preston, prices are pretty good.

Cigarettes - CVS (cheapest I've found, $42/carton which includes the tax)

Gas - QT, just south of the CVS, East side of Preston

LIQUOR! - Goody Goody Liquor over in The Colony (it's the 2nd closest liquor store the other one is a half mile closer BUT Goody Goody has better selections & prices) it's located on the North side of 121, just West of Paige Rd/Plano Pkwy.

**Don't get confused by Plano Pkwy, Plano Pkwy does run E/W several miles South of Legacy, BUT after it crosses the North Tollway it curves around and becomes a N/S road then intersects 121 and becomes Paige Rd at 121. (Actually most of the E/W roads in Plano curve around like that which used to confuse me at first; Legacy, Spring Creek, Plano Pkwy, etc)

How bout a way to transfer from DFW to Love?

I owe y'all beers for all the info you have given me in the past couple weeks.
:nana2::yar:

Easiest way to get from DFW to Love is 183 East. It merges with I-35 as it goes south, but you exit Mockingbird and make a left. Follow Mockingbird right to DAL.

I may be in DAL next week. Was up there briefly this week but didn't really have time to do anything.

Did I hear that a 'Bone Daddy's' is in order? We have to pop your cherry into DFW after all!

Well someone post this baby up in 'Networking' to see if we can grab some more people, then we can set a date.

Back