Daily reserve list

Jet

I'm curious which airlines allow you to see a daily reserve list that updates when reserves are called out. I'm able to see who is working and which order reserves should be called for the day at RAH but I can't tell who has or hasn't been called out during the day. What about at your airline?

We kind of have this at B6... we get a reserve list and assignments the day prior. Then, if you know how to be a FLICA Forensic Detective you can figure out where you stand while you are on duty. Which I did a lot while sitting around the pad in JFK.

We kind of have this at B6... we get a reserve list and assignments the day prior. Then, if you know how to be a FLICA Forensic Detective you can figure out where you stand while you are on duty. Which I did a lot while sitting around the pad in JFK.
It's always fun to figure out who gets what, before scheduling actually does it...

PSA does not. When I was on reserve, I would ask for last out and my roommate would ask for first out. Scheduling would call to give me a trip saying I was the only reserve available while I sat there watching Winkler polish his shoes for the 5th time of the day.

PSA does not. When I was on reserve, I would ask for last out and my roommate would ask for first out. Scheduling would call to give me a trip saying I was the only reserve available while I sat there watching Winkler polish his shoes for the 5th time of the day.

first/last out doesn't count at PSA......even though its in the contract.

"scheduling efficiency"

For the record, I don't think CS actually calls in the order they are supposed to call. I think they just frantically sink their meat hooks into whomever they can get to answer their phone.

Southernjets posts a reserve list which you can search by date and see the utilization order. We can also look up each others schedules....funny how I can look up a union buddies schedule to see when he's on trip loss which always seems to coincide with important life events.

The biggest limitation to the system in my opinion is that it will show people that really aren't available. On any given day it will still show people who are currently in ATL for recurrent sim training and it doesn't erase people with 30/7 or other FAR violations.

We can also look up each others schedules....funny how I can look up a union buddies schedule to see when he's on trip loss which always seems to coincide with important life events.

I think that no matter where you work, there will always be pilots who do everything they can to 'game' the system. It's just sad when it's people that are in a position of authority. (i.e. chiefs, check airmen) Or people that are being 'paid' for trips through your dues. (i.e. Union reps) Even something like MIL Leave can be manipulated - or even something as simple as 'getting sick' on a day that you can't get off.

No deep message, it's just life.

Reactions: Cav
Jet,

Republic scheduling is SUPPOSED to go in reverse senority, but they basically do whatever they like in order to get flights covered. This usually results in a complete disaster, which is completely normal.

You can look at the awards for the month to see who is on reserve for what days, but it's not too reliable as people can swap reserve days after the lines are posted.

Jet,

Republic scheduling is SUPPOSED to go in reverse senority, but they basically do whatever they like in order to get flights covered. This usually results in a complete disaster, which is completely normal.

You can look at the awards for the month to see who is on reserve for what days, but it's not too reliable as people can swap reserve days after the lines are posted.

Yeah, funny how the staffing levels somehow don't match the spirit of the contract.

Jet,

Crew scheduling at almost all airlines is SUPPOSED to go in reverse senority, but they basically do whatever they like in order to get flights covered. This usually results in a complete disaster, which is completely normal.

Fixed. ;) :)

ZW would die if they ever had to publish the lists. They run their whole operation on secrecy and it is like pulling teeth to get any information not explicitly required from the CBA out of them. At the end of the day, any airline that doesn't want to have transparency has something to hide.

Back