daily pic

Not my picture, not my plane. Good picture.

1663631643567.png

Last edited:
You can tell pulling the chute was the only option, clearly no where to execute emergency landing.

That's what the book and the required Cirrus training tell you to do. You try to put it down in a field and it goes bad (which given the gear on that thing, seems probable), then they're going to throw that same book at you.

Used the drone to grab this shot of a Lockheed T-33 that rests on the Gjirokastër Fortress in Albania. There are differing stories of how it got there during the days of communism. The Albanian version is more of a heroic intercept and captured version, the American version is they essentially stole an already broken plane but either way a fun bit of aviation history that sits on a freaking castle.

webshareNL-3.jpg

My son has just returned from sea trials and sent a few pics. Definitely don't want to fall off the ass end of one of these. I tried asking him how fast they were moving. He says.....Do you want the 'publicly stated data'..? "I'd tell you but Id have to kill you...." Smart-ass

image_6483441.JPG

Picture credit: USAF

The last three Republic F-105 Thunderchief jets, all three being two seat F models from the 419th Tac Fighter Wing / 466th TAC Fighter Squadron, USAF Reserve, Hill AFB, UT, seen disconnecting from one last air refueling by KC-135A Stratotanker, enroute to the boneyard at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ. March 1984

8BE1455D-39F1-4300-B0B1-AE29484C1906.jpeg

Picture credit: USAF

The last three Republic F-105 Thunderchief jets, all three being two seat F models from the 419th Tac Fighter Wing / 466th TAC Fighter Squadron, USAF Reserve, Hill AFB, UT, seen disconnecting from one last air refueling by KC-135A Stratotanker, enroute to the boneyard at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ. March 1984

View attachment 68373
F-105s are huge for a fighter. I can remember way back when at Reno there was a derelict single seat version parked behind a row of hangars and during the air show portion of the day if you walked back there and it was either hot or raining/snowing there would be a crowd of people posted up underneath the fuselage, wings and tail with chairs, coolers and whatnot. Look at how small the crews helmets are in the picture.
Found a picture of one on the ground...
205B0552-F1DC-48C3-BEFF-A4B8CF3A1838.jpeg

Back