daily pic

Beautiful sunset in Vegas the other night.
20220724_224424.jpg

Stormy arrival in Detroit the other morning after a redeye.
20220724_062037.jpg

Screenshot_20220724-062631_FlightAware.jpg

Mach loop?

Yep. Top of Cad West. Only had about 2 hours to hang out, but definitely will try to go back some time. Only saw a T6 come through (pics coming once I pull them off my camera) but it was really awesome. We stayed at a hotel about 3 miles away, and last night at dinner a pair of C130s came down the lake at 250 feet.

Yep. Top of Cad West. Only had about 2 hours to hang out, but definitely will try to go back some time. Only saw a T6 come through (pics coming once I pull them off my camera) but it was really awesome. We stayed at a hotel about 3 miles away, and last night at dinner a pair of C130s came down the lake at 250 feet.
Did you stop for crumpets Nigel?

Oh nice man! Deception Pass park it looks like? That place still amazes me every time. We're up in Birch Bay this weekend week (whoops, forgot it is the week, haven't had many true weekends lately) just south of the border, a new place to me, though apparently my wife came a lot as a kid in the summers...super cool too.

Oh nice man! Deception Pass park it looks like? That place still amazes me every time. We're up in Birch Bay this weekend just south of the border, a new place to me, though apparently my wife came a lot as a kid in the summers...super cool too.
That's the place! I absolutely love it out there. We went up to Seattle for a ball game on Sunday and ended up staying three days. So we went out there before the game. It was a great escape.

I love the North area. Jealous. I bet it's beautiful with this weather.

That's the place! I absolutely love it out there. We went up to Seattle for a ball game on Sunday and ended up staying three days. So we went out there before the game. It was a great escape.

I love the North area. Jealous. I bet it's beautiful with this weather.

Yeah this is the absolute best time to come here. Reliably amazing starting in July, normally until around Halloween. Just don't come in Dec/Jan when the winds are gusting to 60 mph and the trees are coming down on houses and there is no power :p (actually my part of the island had a pretty mild winter in that sense this last year). I kinda also like that part of the year too though.....

That weather Tues night into Wed was pretty sporty if you were still in SEA. Was driving from hotel into a sim in the AM and there was all kinds of lightning. Normally get the little boomers up in the straits/olympics, and then the bigger boomers of course over the cascades and east, not so much down the puget sound. Aside from real isolated ones in the spring when the weather gets crazy for a few weeks in Mar-Apr.

Yeah this is the absolute best time to come here. Reliably amazing starting in July, normally until around Halloween. Just don't come in Dec/Jan when the winds are gusting to 60 mph and the trees are coming down on houses and there is no power :p (actually my part of the island had a pretty mild winter in that sense this last year). I kinda also like that part of the year too though.....

That weather Tues night into Wed was pretty sporty if you were still in SEA. Was driving from hotel into a sim in the AM and there was all kinds of lightning. Normally get the little boomers up in the straits/olympics, and then the bigger boomers of course over the cascades and east, not so much down the puget sound. Aside from real isolated ones in the spring when the weather gets crazy for a few weeks in Mar-Apr.
Oh man, a good fall storm is my absolute favorite. Reminds me of home. My wife thinks I am crazy.

Haha. I was waking up Wednesday morning and heard a boom. My wife thought it was construction by the hotel. Then I heard it again and realized it was thunder. I was shocked.

Back