daily pic

Spent some time around Bryce Canyon.
e667ba03986924e4be59a8696bffb6a4.jpg
Did you steal that from eric daniel smith?

So...
These are Mitsubishi RJ550s now?
IMG_20201214_191417_949.jpg

A former Bombardier, leased out to GoJet, from SkyWest, ...iunno. These things are starting to tell some pretty cool stories but I think I still liked this frame in that Tulip paintjob.

The inaugural departure of Qatar Airways flight QR738 SFO-DOH yesterday. After 3 years of stating their intent to fly to SFO, they finally began flights with just 2 months notice during the pandemic LOL. While it seems crazy, Emirates hasn't flown here since March, and very few of the SFO-India flights are operating(Air India and United operating about 5-6 weekly flights with about 20 weekly scheduled normally), with India being the main connecting point for Middle East bound flights from SFO. They left 75 minutes late and I made my girlfriend late to work by a few minutes waiting for this shot, but I'm glad it left splashed in golden sunlight just before dusk.

A7-ALZ.jpg

Found this gem from 2013. This one time, at band camp, Southwest was a weeeee bit high for 28R and threw the plane into a steep right 360 while telling, rather than asking ATC, that they were going to do so to "get down". They overshot 28R coming out of the 360 and started a go around, setting off an RA for the JAL 777 landing on 28L, and at the same time JAL called for a go around, Southwest stepped on them saying they'd "just go around" as JAL climbed towards them. The next 3 or 4 heading instructions to JAL were stepped on or answered by the wrong plane in the chaos(which had them climbing for the same spot for a few seconds) and I seriously thought something bad was happening right in front of me. So I took video instead of pictures, not like I could stop it. Have to find that one day and put it on my phone, but that's not going on the web LOL. Anyway, for those I told the story to over the years(I think I mentioned it on JC once or twice), here's the photo. "We'll do it!".

Of course, this whole story is made up and the picture is photoshopped, otherwise it'd be on the news, duh. Pilots are professional professionals, damn it, they don't just go throwing 737s around like flight sim multiplayer mode dictating ATC. Heavens no. But, here is what it would look like if that did happen.

southwestlulz.jpg

Last edited:
Back