daily pic

IMG_20210801_220906_657.jpg

Sunrise somewhere a bit north west of Midway.

Went storm chasing in Southern AZ staying in TUS for several days and driving as far as Nogales and Sierra Vista. Saw amazing stuff but torrential rains stopped me from setting up a tripod anywhere and getting the shots of lighting and cacti I'd hoped for (though I saw tons of that). Managed to spend one evening spotting at Davis Montham AFB as well. Almost gave up when I shot 3 or 4 planes in 3 hours then right at sunset a C-130 came in against the monsoon clouds followed by a flight of 4 A-10s and it was all worth it. Just something so badass about A-10s in the wild.

580.jpg

a10s.jpg

10-AUG21-lightning.jpg

Last edited:
Went storm chasing in Southern AZ staying in TUS for several days and driving as far as Nogales and Sierra Vista. Saw amazing stuff but torrential rains stopped me from setting up a tripod anywhere and getting the shots of lighting and cacti I'd hope for (though I saw tons of that). Managed to spend one evening spotting at Davis Montham AFB as well. Almost gave up when I shot 3 or 4 planes in 3 hours then right at sunset a C-130 came in against the monsoon clouds followed by a flight of 4 A-10s and it was all worth it. Just something so badass about A-10s in the wild.

580.jpg

a10s.jpg

10-AUG21-lightning.jpg

I thought you forgot to pack your camera for the trip?

I thought you forgot to pack your camera for the trip?
That was the Vegas/LA bday trip. But luckily the night before my bday a friend was driving to LA and brought my camera down so I had it on my bday at the H Hotel for spotting before I flew home. Which was pretty cool since they were using the 24L for the ILS in the morning with lots of condensation and I finally saw an Emirates A380 for the first time since they left SFO in April 2020.

JA784A.jpg

A6-EOM.jpg

Last edited:
That was the Vegas/LA bday trip. But luckily the night before my bday a friend was driving to LA and brought my camera down so I had it on my bday at the H Hotel for spotting before I flew home. Which was pretty cool since they were using the 24L for the ILS in the morning with lots of condensation and I finally saw an Emirates A380 for the first time since they left SFO in April 2020.

JA784A.jpg

A6-EOM.jpg

That's a sweet looking ANA 773!

Did you know that @ASpilot2be pilot hates the 777? Did you? He said it was the 737 of widebodies. My soul just hasn't been right since he said that •.

Back