daily pic

View attachment 60051As seen in Chick-Fil-A by me…

I do a lot of mapping, have a few contracts to do it. Not going to lie, the sheer number of people that try to chat with you, accuse you of spying, peeping, tell you about their drone etc can be hard.

While I wouldn’t wear that vest, using high vis, a hard hat and cones makes it much easier in populated areas.

None of the mapping capable drones meet cat 1 or 2 for flight over people, so I actually have to watch and make sure to pause or take over if it’s flying over somebody.

Even today while just shooting some photos for a make a wish fundraiser (rafting marathon on the lake) I had to ask one of the volunteers to intercept people approaching (was using an FPV drone with VO, for low altitude fast approach shots, looks better flying a drone that does 100mph than trying to speed up a shot in post)
4a4575b3b6df704cd828180e13cfb0bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do a lot of mapping, have a few contracts to do it. Not going to lie, the sheer number of people that try to chat with you, accuse you of spying, peeping, tell you about their drone etc can be hard.

While I wouldn’t wear that vest, using high vis, a hard hat and cones makes it much easier in populated areas.

None of the mapping capable drones meet cat 1 or 2 for flight over people, so I actually have to watch and make sure to pause or take over if it’s flying over somebody.

Even today while just shooting some photos for a make a wish fundraiser (rafting marathon on the lake) I had to ask one of the volunteers to intercept people approaching (was using an FPV drone with VO, for low altitude fast approach shots, looks better flying a drone that does 100mph than trying to speed up a shot in post)

Do you wear your hard hat to lunch?

I saw a circa 2010 self-driving Chrysler minivan on the highway today. Driver wasn't wearing a helmet and my signature analysers and gauss meter picked up no drone control signals. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

Last edited:
20210723_170705.jpg

20210723_170707.jpg

The first time I've seen a Cardinal, and at BOS of all places. Thing looked gorgeous, but couldn't get over in time to see it up close. Ugggghhhh.
I wish I had money.

Got to roadtrip to PA for a bit this weekend, but due to a last-minute call my vacation was cut short. So, I figured I'd at least stop and grab the good tea on my way back up to New England.

20210731_112626.jpg

(Immediately proceeds to empty a shelf...)

My 12yr old daughter is working on her junior advanced now..

The 10 extra inches of rain we got in july, plus strong winds have made the lake visibility horrible. Which works well for learning to use the compass

(There are 3 divers within 15 feet in the photo)
df7068372f0ebf607577844568a98c00.png

View attachment 60070
Hey @A Life Aloft was flying a former United 747 and this was in the bunk…what does it do?

I've actually asked somebody about that before. Their explanation was that it turned on a light on the FA panel to tell them to block the lav so the pilot could come out of the bunk and use it without having to wait. The one I saw didn't have the two black boxes on each side though.

Back