daily pic

N685PA.jpg

A neat catch, a Castle Aviation Saab 340, now flying cargo but left painted in the full colors of Pen Air over 1 year after they merged into Ravn! Was very surprised to find out this Saab was being flown around in these colors without so much as an "operated by" sticker anywhere to be found. Seen sitting in HWD after a APA-LGB-HWD-APA charter, one of many over the several months by Castle Aviation involving pets\animals.

Chasen SFO, I can't find any information on an arrangement between Elite Airways and Set Jet. I think you have been confused by Set Jet's premium service which they call 'Elite.' The aircraft you show is not owned by Elite Airways but by a bank in Salt Lake City, and does show flights to/from Set Jet's route layout.

All but one of Elite's A/C have registration numbers ending in EA, the lone exception ends in MW (probably dating from their announced partnership with the rebirth of Midway. Hasn't happened yet). One of their CRJ200s is configured for 16 PAX in an executive layout, and used for charters (sports teams, rock bands, etc).

Elite is a combination charter (ACMI) and scheduled airline, operating from Maine to Florida. They currently show 6 aircraft active: CRJ 100, 200, 700, 900.

Since SetJet says they don't own or operate any aircraft but lease them, It's possible that they might occasionally lease an Elite A/C but I suspect it would be a maintenance replacement, not the regular fleet. Deadheading between the coast is a lot of non-rev flying!

But pretty pix!
Interesting info, thank you. I was told the aircraft were "wet leased" from Elite Airways, with that of course meaning the plane AND crews\other services are provided and Set Jet would simply be selling tickets and advertising the flights. I had heard this was happening when the idea was still a concept and ahead of the first flights, I am not sure if since then Set Jet has leased their own planes directly and hired crews.

Possible, but unlikely. Elite has always fashioned itsself as a jet airline. The addition of truboroprops would seem like an anomayf or thsi small operatopn

The construction continues in the northeastern paht of the world... pre-'Rona, these three E gates would've had BOS rocking some serious increases in international traffic. It's good to see this part of the ramp get busy again, as the show must go on but man, what could've been. Ah well. As long as we aren't getting calls/notices that people are getting hurt, hit, killed, lit on fire, etc.

20210515_180609.jpg

One thing I really hope I get to do at least once in life is fly an airliner into St. Maarten. I've only been there once for @JordanD 's 21st bday years back and it was just as badass as I'd thought it would be...until I came down off 10 hours of day drinking and decided to have several glasses of tap water and then had to fly SXM-EWR-SFO wishing for swift death.

Here are some close-ups of pilots having a good time before jetblasting the crap out of everyone. So glad I was able to get blasted by MD-80s and 727s while they were still around. When the Insel Air MD-80 took it, Jordan and I were the only 2 at the fence and the pilot taxied right up to the end of the chevrons for us LOL.

PJ-MBD.jpg

N395AJ.jpg

F-GLZS.jpg

Little bit of a shorter trip than I've been used to, but I got to explore Nantucket on a daytrip and the colleagues I was with actively wanted to go explore. So, we took a ride out to Brant Point before working our way back in to town but what a sight. The island was certainly quiet compared to pre-Covid times, but boy is everyone here readying up for Memorial Day Weekend.

IMG_20210521_150219_451.jpg

On a practice RNAV P 26 PAJN
ef2f17c47fea28034220edfb20ac5483.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Man, we don't have that much terrain out here, but I can totally see how synthetic vision augments instrument flying out there. I see the Garmin PFD and the AV30 on the left....what's the square EFIS-looking thing to the right of the PFD, showing the overhead ground track?

Man, we don't have that much terrain out here, but I can totally see how synthetic vision augments instrument flying out there. I see the Garmin PFD and the AV30 on the left....what's the square EFIS-looking thing to the right of the PFD, showing the overhead ground track?
It has 2 Garmin GI275’s, GTN650txi, and 2 GTN750xi's. In a few weeks it will be the 1st float plane approved for a LPV to the water.

Once you try it, you don’t ever want to go back.

Back