daily pic

IMG_5824.jpeg

THE Sbarros that started all the JC inside jokes.

Ooh, there are a couple brain cells that seem still to be functioning! I remembered correctly!

Reminds me of the planes that Airbus made for…I think…air India. I think they were A320s with extra wheels on the main gear to spread out the weight.

Anyone nerdier than I (high bar to clear) please feel free to correct me.
Yeah, even today there are airports in India with really crappy surfaces that get A320s. I think all the double-bogey A320s were for domestic subsidiary Indian Airlines but by now that brand has been merged into Air India. Most of their A320s seem to have the normal gear except for the early 90s batch.

In the spirit of the thread, here are 2 747 nose shots from early 2009 that I recently edited. The ANZ 747 is the "City of Wellington". That one didn't make it to SFO too much for some reason as I only have a handful of pics of it (different seating config maybe), and "Wellington" was retired several years ahead of the rest of the last batch to make it to the 2010s. Only a few months after I took this, actually. Too bad as with my family originating from that area, I really wish I'd seen it more than a few times.

N128UA.jpg

ZK-NBW.jpg

Last edited:
A321s.jpg

N769as.jpg

F-GZNK.jpg

A320thunderhead.jpg

I seem to recall almost falling to my death or great injury down the "OSHA who?" (partially) collapsable ramp tower roof stairs on this day in November 2015 since the handheld was broken and I had to quickly get down the "ladder" to answer calls. But I managed some cool shots that evening and was athletic enough to not die lol. Some edits I came across from 2015 that I came across.

Back