da roof, da roof, da roof is on fire....

I already got the call to see if I could roll with an engine crew from USFS here in TUS.

Would love to go, but I think the military would have a slight problem with me missing the plane to Iraq.

Yep, these are some pretty devastating fires; I think the numbers as of now are 11 deaths, 500+ homes destroyed, and 200,000+ acres burned. My house is in Fallbrook (13 miles S. of Temecula) and is about 10 miles away from the Valley Center fire; I can see the flames coming over the top of a mountain. School & football practice were canceled throughout the whole county, on account of the air quality is horrid and ash is blowing everywhere. Hope to God that the weather improves and they will able to get these fires under control.

[ QUOTE ]
Would love to go, but I think the military would have a slight problem with me missing the plane to Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, how's YOUR jet getting over there? Are you riding over in a -10 or something? (Actually, that's probably the preferable deal to the hop across the pond in a 'hog 'pit--you can actually get up and walk around and/or avail yourself of an actual lav!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, how's YOUR jet getting over there? Are you riding over in a -10 or something? (Actually, that's probably the preferable deal to the hop across the pond in a 'hog 'pit--you can actually get up and walk around and/or avail yourself of an actual lav!)

[/ QUOTE ]

13 November, no more me to kick around here.......

I'm stuck taking my jet over, sucks. I've had enough fun being strapped in the seat for 14 hours more than once.

Especially when the tanker you're trailing says they can't refuel you for another 10 minutes because their lunch is warming in the microwave!

Conservative use of the piddle pack, and make sure you eat the entire biscuit from an MRE and you'll be alright!

Easy on the "go" pill!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Conservative use of the piddle pack, and make sure you eat the entire biscuit from an MRE and you'll be alright!

Easy on the "go" pill!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year in Afghan, the Go pills mixed with the anti-malaria pills really f%cked me up.

Made me paranoid and unable to sleep at all...

Careful MikeD. We just took a Clan Lab school (PD) and those "GO" pills were the subject of much discussion. They are being blamed for the Canadian bombing incident with the F-16 crews. Eventially, as with Meth, they cause something called Amphetamine Psychosis (Delusions and Paranoia). Anyway be careful, watch your six and enjoy the Must Refuse Exit meal....:)

[ QUOTE ]
as with Meth, they cause something called Amphetamine Psychosis (Delusions and Paranoia).

[/ QUOTE ]

You ain't kidding there......that's what I felt I had.....

so what exactly is a "go" pill? i've never heard of that before....

is it just supposed to keep you awake (like vivarin) or super motivated to do what has to be done?

[ QUOTE ]
so what exactly is a "go" pill? i've never heard of that before....

is it just supposed to keep you awake (like vivarin) or super motivated to do what has to be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's legal amphetimines. Actually dextramphetimines.

so IF someone were to take these here inthe US - and they work like Meth... then you won't go to jail and/or rehab???? because their legal????

that's kinda bizarre!!

A million magic crystals painted pure and white
A multi - million dollars almost overnight
Twice as sweet a sugar twice as pure as salt and if you get hooked baby
It's nobody elses fault so don't do it

Freeze!

Rock!

For you young whippersnappers, those are lyrics from a song back in the early 80s (late 70's?)

[ QUOTE ]
so IF someone were to take these here inthe US - and they work like Meth... then you won't go to jail and/or rehab???? because their legal????

that's kinda bizarre!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not anyone. They're a controlled drug issued to US military aircrew only. They're only used for overseas crossings in single-seat aircraft and for combat ops, if needed.

Back