DA 42 with Lycoming 360s

It looks like the autopilot is integrated with the G1000 also. And, does anyone know if it has a janitrol heater now? It also appears that the protective area on the fuselage from prop debris is missing as well in the one picture.

12gph 160kts. There is somethign wrong with your 42. Or you're not flying it high enough. You have to go high to get the speed.

There is something wrong with your 42.
Yes there is, constantly. All five of them that I have flown.

Or you're not flying it high enough.
You have to go high to get the speed.
MEA starts at 12000 around here, and that is only in one direction.

The only times I have tried cruising it was with 3 or 4 people onboard, and at full throttle we would true out at about 150 burning about 6.5 a side.

Considering that the 42 was originally touted as being 200+ capable, I would say that 150-160-or even 170 is a bit of a disappointment.

It looks like the autopilot is integrated with the G1000 also. And, does anyone know if it has a janitrol heater now? It also appears that the protective area on the fuselage from prop debris is missing as well in the one picture.

Last thing I heard from the Diamond dealer around here is that they are not putting the GFC700 autopilot in the new DA42. Something about it would take longer to certify the airplane if they did. As of right now it will keep the older autopilot but that will probably change in a year or 2. The newer DA40's have the GFC700 and they are a lot better then the older autopilot.

Back