current students, how is Pan Am AZ doing now?

SWJ,
I started laughing half way through your first sentence. I was the one who brought up the several people from Pan Am that got hired by Airnet and the one that went to Chicago Express. You seem to know so much as you refer to the stagecheck/chief assistant pilot that went to Chicago Express as a "He." The fact is it was a female that was hired which leaves no credibility to your statement at all. I always respect others opinions on this board...except when they are lying!

Well the person who went to Chicago Express before her was her husband. They both went together, guess you weren't there when he left, huh? Give PanAm a little more time and talk to us on this chat board while going through CFI training. I'd love to hear your enthusiasm.

The homo comment was simply a euphemism for the "twinkle-toes" wet behind the ear attitude most of the PanAm supporters have here. I feel sorry for how debt ridden you'll be here in the not too distant future, but since you are like most irresponsible young Americans, we'll support you when you default on your loans and the interest is eaten up by those with real paying jobs...not an Airnet salary of $14,000 a year.

Faster, farther, towards a lifetime of debt...PanAm...the sensible choice.

So I see now why you are trying to become a pilot now...BA in gardening, sweet. That'll take you far. Did you go to Sprinkler Tech? My lawn guy won a Snapper when he got his degree, did you?

Line Guy???
Is that someone who fuels and ties up aircraft for the pilots?????

Someone so bitter with life should not be allowed internet access, or be around sharp objects.....

anyway.

so how is the arizona campus doing to date? anybody there right now? fort pierce is doing pretty good. i do admit sometimes it does feel more like boot camp than a school, but if it gets the job done i've got no complaints.

Why my post was deleted I have no idea- but looks like your a little bitter swlineguy. There are more haters of Pan Am than supporters, your problem is your attitude- you just keep pumpin gas- By the way, I only have 12,000 left on my loan so I don't know what your talkin about- not to mention, you didn't happen to say what your degree was in? Also- you have a lawn guy? Just what we need, another non-hard-working American. Peace out and Good Luck to all-

Hey, is fueling up other pilot's jets better than flying for a scheduled Part 135 operator? How many hours do you get a month doing that? Is that what the majors are looking for now? I think that'll take you about as far as being really bitter... Just because you weren't any good at flying and couldn't hack it, stop trying to ruin it for other people. Hey, when I come by in my jet someday, could you drive your little cart out and roll the red carpet for me? Thanks...

Goodness! So much negativity! Look, we all make our own choices...no one is forcing anyone to stay at Pan Am or leave Pan Am. However, who is to say that one training is better than another? For some, FBOs are the way to go...and for others Pan Am has been great for them. If you don't like where you are at now - then leave. There are so many options out there! But, stereotyping the typical PanAm student and/or instructor is wrong. There are many great people there. We all agree that the company- from a business sense - needs some serious help. But, we have all seen some FBOs that are run just as poorly. Face it guys, this is life. No matter where you go - or even what industry - there will always be Good and Bad. Don't believe me? Ever looked at the employee postings at the Regionals? or even the Majors? Suck up and learn to be the master of your own destiny. You are NOT entitled to anything...and with today's situation we are all going to have to work our butts off to get there. I challenge any of you to take a look at this website: http://biz.yahoo.com/news/airlines.html and really look at what is going on in the industry. It reviews Corporate, Airline companies and even the manufacturers. Right now, its not pretty - and it has filtered all the way down to our level. Quit wasting your energy on bad things that may have occurred in your training, get over it, and begin focusing on a better future. Figure out a game plan to get you from point A to B - knowing that the likelihood that the perfect job just landing in your lap, without any effort, is just not going to happen. Happy Flying!

And SWJlineguy? Sorry, but Hutch is correct. "She" has left Pan Am for Chicago Express, and "He" is still here. However, "He" has 2 offers on the table; one from Chicago Express and one from PSA (a wholly-owned subsidiary of US Airways.)

Oh Well, my mistake. The day those posts were placed I had just gotten off the phone with PanAm's financial department about a refund check and I was a little miffed. Being told about this site by someone who is filing suit against PanAm as well was probably not the best way to get intro'ed as well. I apologize for the hateful posts and all in all I realize that "to-each-his-own". I always have.

I deem myself a fortunate guy for not having to work to support myself since before I decided to follow my dream I was managing the office of a nice little law firm; on my way to law school. The line job is a nice way to keep things in perspective while meeting some great connections. Its really fun and a great break from the office humdrum that was once my life.

One day while listening to yet another attorney complain about his job, I threw my hands up and commented to myself how unhappy everyone around me seemed. Perhaps it was just our firm, but the more attorneys I met, the more I heard about how little time they had to enjoy the small wonderful things in life. I left the firm and resigned my position in law school and searched deep inside my heart to tackle aviation.

I have never looked back. But after experiencing the highs and lows of managerial statehood, I have a perspective that I think is drawn by experience...PanAm is yet another one of those companies out there that is interested solely in taking your money. You are a number. True, there are some fantastic people there and have friends that will last a lifetime, but there are some serious managerial problems as JJ pointed out. Just tread lightly in cautious waters, there could be stingrays.

hey, don't worry bout it. thanks for the honesty. and i don't think anybody will disagree with you on what you say about Panam, it is a big business and they do act that way. in their quest for a very very structured curiculum they unfortunatly neglect some student needs and desires. but, i won't know until i get to the end if that system works out to my benefit. personally i haven't had to much difficulty with Panam here in Fort Pierce, i do see some instances of goofiness, but it does look as though they are on the right road to fixing any previous problems they may have had. i've only been here for a few months, so who knows what the future holds, i just keep on studying and push through it all.

Back