Current and Future hiring

No idea.

I dunno about corporate theft, but over the past couple nights alone there has been a string of crime affecting NOC personnel working at Willis. One person was car jacked leaving the parking garage. Another was dropped off right at one of the entrances to Willis and within that 20-ish ft from curb to the door was robbed. Then I guess last night everyones cars got broken into.

That being said, The general consensus I got from people who have worked at Willis for a long time is that the area is generally safe and they like working there. Most of em dont wanna leave.
I would definitely prefer to work out of Willis too. What you listed sucks but feels like United is pretty unique in having HQ be in such a historic and iconic American building.

Gee, another knock on midnight shifts. Look, they aren't the worst thing in the world. That schedule is far more favorable to commuters than mornings or afternoons, ATC goes to sleep so the work is fairly easy with no reroutes or GDP's especially with the workload being lighter as well...plus you have the freedom to schedule appointments or shopping etc on work days since you have the entire normal people hours off instead of having to burn one of your day's off to do those things.

At my airline, I have seen midnights actually going more and more senior over time.

Some midnights will go more senior because the best daytime schedules are going to stagnate for a long time. Its the easiest way for a middle seniority dispatcher to have senior dispatcher days off and desks. Overall, midnights are very junior and few want to work midnight overtime. Even for double time.

At AA, the midnights were so junior there was nobody in domestic dispatch available to cover midnight international desks. Its still the case on some midnights even after giving up the three year requirement.

Not a knock on midnights but the fact is that very few want them. Theres a reason they normally go junior and everyone that can bids off them as soon as they have the seniority.

Couldn't disagree more! Quality of life for the most junior person at a major is better than the vast majority of other occupations. Pretty much industry wide we have 3-5 days off EVERY week. Work some trades and you can take a month off relatively easy, year 1. During that month off, you can travel to almost anywhere in world for mostly free (with a little planning and patience). Your fence blow over in a wind storm? Work 2 overtime shifts for $1500, then still have a 2 more days off. Santa comes whenever you say he comes. Celebrate Christmas on the 23rd, no big deal. You may work overnights for a couple years, boo hoo. During those couple years, you wont miss a single ballet recital or ball game. Enough time in this amazing job and you forget what its like to work M-F 9-5. An hour of traffic each way. Phone calls and emails in the evening. Performance reviews. 2 DAYS OFF EVERY WEEK. Yeah I'll take my job over that any day, any shift. Motivational rant over.

This is why dispatch contracts are not as good as they can and should be. You never see pilots just happy enough to have a job flying planes.

This is why dispatch contracts are not as good as they can and should be. You never see pilots just happy enough to have a job flying planes.
So you go from "don't join our profession" to people who are happy in our profession are the reason its no good. I guess I should try to be less happy. That'll make me happier...wait a min

Looks like an AS posting dropped as mentioned previously. Also I was talking to a friend of mine that works at Boeing and it sounds like they might have some spots opening soon for their remote position.

Back