Crew "turkey day"??

jgheggie

Just curious what the crews who are working today are going to eat. I spent 2011 thanksgiving working as an FA and was fed a decent crew meal in Philly.

All of our crew rooms and mx locations were catered for one/two different meals. Wasn't too bad!

The DFAC had Thursday dinner, which happened to be turkey, gravy and mashed potatoes. Coincidence? I think not.

Thanksgiving.jpg

I was SOL until we changed hotels to the Hilton Garden Inn. They ended up having a mean turkey dinner.

4 of us went out to a Bavarian restaurant and enjoyed schnitzel, sausage, cabbage, hot potato salad and the like... Because thanksgiving happens on "airline employee time" which translates into when we get home.

Spent it Raleigh. We found an Irish Pub that was serving a home style turkey dinner, buffet style. I was, umm, uncomfortable after dinner. I'm pretty sure they lost money on me.

Left Cali-forn-I-aye at noon. Nothing was open. The free hotel breakfast buffet looked like it had hosted a plague of locusts. Got to Southernville for my 1 hour break. Dined on a glorious Chick-fil-a sammich and cold waffle fries. Went to Mouseville for a 10 hour layover. Everything closed.

Senior enough to get it off, but no kids, so I might as well work so someone who does doesn't have to. I'll grab some Boston Market tomorrow and call it square.

Richman

Back